I looked at the time, and it was 6:42 PM.

I took a deep breath as I took the keys out of the ignition. I fiddled with them, thinking about another plan, just in case anything went wrong.

I finally got the courage to get out of the car. I slowly walked on the driveway, to the door steps.

"Oh, God. Please," I whispered.

I rang the doorbell. I stuck my hands in my NorthFace jacket and waited. About 20 seconds later, I heard the door unlocking. The door opened, and I was met with a gorgeous lady that Trinity resembled. It was most likely her mother.

I cleared my throat and smiled.

"Good evening," I said.

"Good evening. Who are you?" she asked.

She spoke with an islander accent. Trinity did say that her mom was from the Virgin Islands.

"Oh, umm. I'm Jay, a good friend of your daughter Trinity. It's so nice to finally meet you, Mrs. Portland," I said.

Her eyes squinted.

"Wait a minute. You look familiar. Jay as in my daughter's ex-boyfriend, Jay?"

I nervously chuckled. "In a flesh."

She wasn't amused.

"Why are you here?" she asked.

"I, uhh, I came to see Trinity."

"And why is that?"

"I would like to talk to her," I admitted.

"You can't do it over the phone?"

"I could, but I would like to speak with her in person."

"Oh, so now you want to," she said.

I knew what she was trying to say, but I pretended like I didn't hear it.

"I thought you were from California?" she asked.

"I'm from Georgia, but I moved to California while I was in high school. For the break, I'm staying with family that still lives here," I said.

"And you just decided to drop by my house without warning?"

"I'm sorry. Is Trinity here at the moment?" I asked.

"No, she went out with friends."

"Oh, really?"

"Yes," she said.

Great, just as I planned. I simply nodded.

"Okay, well may you please tell her that I stopped by?" I asked.

"I suppose, but I'm certain that..." Mrs. Portland continued talking but I wasn't listening. My attention went behind her, where I saw a girl walk past us. She glanced at me for a quick second and continued walking.