10: Heads Up

Jay

Nev suddenly sat down at the table with Max and I. He sighed and scratched the back of his neck.

"You know with everything that just went on, Trinity needs time to figure things out, and so, we're just going to go," he said.

I wasn't really surprised.

"Yeah, that's fine," I said quietly.

We all stood up from the metal table.

"Thanks for showing up and giving us your time. I know you didn't really vision today to be like this.." Max said.

I shook my head. "No, not at all, but it's understandable."

"Well, maybe we can meet up tomorrow, when everything is cooled down, if that's okay with you. Maybe we can get your side of the story tomorrow as well," Nev said.

I nodded. "Okay."

"Thank you both for reaching back out to Trinity and setting all of this up. I don't know if I could've ever brought myself to do all of this, but I'm glad I did. And you know-I-please just...just tell her that I'm sorry."

Max and Nev smiled small while nodding.

"See you later," Nev said.

I nodded, and they walked off, followed by the camera crew.

As soon as they were out of sight, I ran my fingers through my hair and sighed in frustration.

Trinity

Nev and Max opened the car doors and climbed inside. They closed it behind them.

"Ready to go?" Nev asked me.

I nodded and put on my seatbelt.

Nev abruptly started the engine, and we drove out of the park. During the car ride back, the guys talked a couple of times, but none of them said anything to me.

We reached the hotel and got out of the car. We went to our floor, and Nev gently patted my shoulder, before we went inside of our hotel rooms.

I shut the door behind me, took off my sneakers, and I crawled onto the soft bed. I slowly rolled onto my back and stared at the ceiling.

This wasn't supposed to happen to me... none of this.

He was supposed to be Jay, the guy who didn't lie to me, who respected me, who loved me...just as I did with him.

I have never experienced so much insecurity until today. I wondered what the girl had that I didn't. Even if he were to explain his reason for cheating, I don't think I would ever understand why he did it. I was a good girlfriend, right?

I shook my head and closed my eyes, preventing some tears from falling.

It was time to sleep. Sleep was the answer to everything. Hopefully, after the nap, I'd feel better.

++

I woke up to the sound of my phone ringing. I sat up and looked around for it. Since I couldn't find it on time, it stopped ringing. Part of me was relieved that I didn't have to get up from this bed, but I also wondered who called me.