Chapter 16

double update -- you'll hate me soon.

"It's my fault! This whole thing is my fault!"

An aching scream echoed down the hallway, ricocheting off the white walls, sadness and sorrow enveloped in the cry. The hospital was cold, but that wasn't the only thing sending shivers through the members bodies.

They stood outside of the room, helplessly staring down at their weeping maknae whose face was buried in his hands. "It should have been me! Why wasn't it me? Why?"

"Jungkook, calm down! Stop blaming yourself." Jimin held the younger painfully tight hug, unable to control his own tears.

Jungkook began to punch the icy cold floor of the hospital, only to be yanked up by the leader who slammed him against the wall. "Stop the bullshit already. Do you think Taehyung would be happy if he found out you were beating yourself up about something we can't control? No. This was out of your reach, out of anyone's reach. It wasn't your fault this has happened. Now get your shit together."

"But hyung! If we hadn't--"

"Shut up!" Yoongi shouted, pushing Namjoon aside and grabbed onto the maknae's collar of his shirt. "Shut up will you?! WE were all there! WE all saw what happened! HE pushed you out of the way! HE saved you! HE had a choice and HE choose you over himself. And because of HIM you're okay. It was not your fault so don't fucking say that it was when it was out of your hands."

"That's enough Yoongi." Jin yelled, holding Jungkook in his arms. The members began to back away, giving the two some space. Jin lifted the younger's chin, brushing aside the damp bangs that covered Jungkook's eyes. "We don't have to go in if you're not ready."

"No! No.." He protested. "I have to see him. He needs me. I-I need him." Jungkook responded between his cries. "I want to go in alone."

"We'll go wait with manager hyung in the waiting room. Call us if you need anything." Jin forced a smile before motioning the others to follow him out.

--

 'the glass got everywhere'

Jungkook slid open the hospital door, peering inside the room decorated with flowers and balloons.

'how long until he--'

Jungkook bit back a sob as he saw Taehyung sitting in the hospital bed, fidgeting with the remote control.

'if it doesn't return in a month than--

"Kookie?" Taehyung smiled cheerfully. "Is that you?"

--it could be permanent'

"Yeah, it's me Tae." Jungkook responded, making his way towards the older male's bedside, leaning down to leave a soft kiss on his boyfriend's head. "It's good to see you."

'so you mean to tell me that he's-- '

"I wish I could say the same." Taehyung chuckled jokingly, feeling his way around Jungkook until he pulled the younger male towards him and wrapped his slim arms around Jungkook's waist. Jungkook sighed, hands slowly making it's way to the bandage that wrapped around the older's eyes.

'Taehyung's blind.'

"I'm sorry hyung."

--

oops.