“Go get her!” his mother emphasized her cheer with her fist.

Zach shook his head and walked out of the room.

He wouldn’t wish his father did not call for him because he was glad he came and saw for himself that he was okay. And now that he was certain of that, he had to go to Julianne.

 *****

When Julianne reappeared outside, Kim was anxiously waiting for her with an expectant look.

“Well?” And there must be something in her look that made her friend stare at her with a worried look.

She nodded her head and burst out crying. So okay, she wanted a baby, but not this way!

Kim rushed towards her and enveloped her in a hug. “I’m okay, I’m okay…” she wiped her face with her hands. “Let’s go get some coffee…”

As they walked, she couldn’t help but notice Kim stealing glances at her with a smile.

“What?” she asked.

“Did it happen that night of the storm?”

Julianne suddenly realized she never really told Kim about how she actually got pregnant. It was just assumed by both of them that Zach was the father. Somehow, she felt guilty about it.

“You don’t have to be sorry, really, it’s nothing to me. I was into Jack that time and it’s nothing. Oh God, the girls must be pretty pissed once they find out.”

Julianne smiled at her friend briefly but the worried look on her face returned all of a sudden. “What if he doesn’t what this? I don’t think I can tell him.”

Kim stopped walking and looked at her dryly, “Julianne, the man’s completely dying in love with you and I think he’d be very happy to know that you’re carrying his child.”

“I don’t know Kim, but I’m afraid…” Julianne uttered, her eyes going up the ceiling to stop the tears. She was getting very emotional right now.

Everything happened so fast and she worried about a lot of things at the same time. One, Zach could be at her door right now and might be on his way out in disappointment. Second, she didn’t want to see him at the same time because that would mean she would have to tell him about the pregnancy. Third, what should she do now? She was not worried about what the public would say, but she was worried of how she should tell Diane. Fourth, if ever Zach didn’t come for her, should she go to him or should she just leave him in the dark?

They were just exiting the hospital when she saw a very familiar figure and before she could think further, she grabbed Kim’s hand and dragged her towards the pathway leading to the right.

“Jules?” Zach’s voice said behind them.

Ever had that feeling when you and your friend were strolling in the mall but you told your parents you were going to a friend’s house to do some work and then all of a sudden, while you were eating an ice cream, chatting with your friend, you saw your mother’s head and you just ran off leading nowhere, your heart seemed to have stopped, and you have that really powerful adrenaline running through your veins that you felt like you might trip over from running? Well, that was how Julianne felt as she tried her best to drag Kim as far away from Zach as possible.

“Wait, wait, is that Zach?” Kim asked behind her. “What is he doing here?” Her friend sounded amused and curious at the same time.

“Yes, come on!”

“Jules!” His voice was getting nearer now and Julianne realized she was not going to escape this. Of all places! But Kim was right. Why was he in the hospital? Did something happen to him? But he was obviously too healthy.