[21] Ball of Rainbows and Sunshine

Start from the beginning

As soon as I stepped through the doors of hell itself or commonly known as school, people have been shooting me surprised looks probably because they thought I survived the mafia attack or that I wasn't suspended anymore. I resisted the urge to give them a teasing smile while trying to tell them, 'I'm back bitches!'. 

Students pathetically whispered to themselves. I hummed to the song of LANY's Malibu Nights which was blasting through my earphones while walking towards my locker. I shove all the books I brought inside and took out my history book.

From the corner of my eye, I saw Jordan walking with some of his friends and I noticed he still had the knee brace on. We met gazes and he threw me a smirk as he walked in my direction.

And the brat gave me a bone-crushing hug.

"Fuck, careful! It still hurts," I winced because he squished my arm and body.

He immediately let go, realizing his mistake, and mumbled, "I'm so sorry, I forgot about it," he looked at me with a sheepish smile as he scratched the back of his head. I shrugged it off not until Malibu Barbie and her faithful minions blocked my way.

"Well would you look at that, the two-timing bitch," she said while she and her annoying servants threw looks of disgust at me. I really wanted to slap that annoying expression off her face to wake her up from her Wade fantasies.

"I would love to slap you, but that would be animal abuse," I smirked before I could stop myself from making the remark. I heard 'oooh' and 'burn' from the small crowd that was already forming around our area.

"You want another broken arm?" She sneered. I scoffed and mustered up an icy glare. I suddenly remembered that I was Elizabeth. Okay, that's enough fighting back for today, I'll get my time soon.

"Nerd, you think you're so clever but let's face it, you're the loser here," she snapped while crossing her arms over her chest. I held back a laugh at her comeback. I took a step closer to her which caught her off guard as her eyes clouded with fear which made me smirk in my every glory.

"I hope you fall into a sea of piranhas or better yet, step on a fucking lego. Better watch you're back, missy," I whispered which gave her chills but was quickly masked with annoyance.

"Or at least you should eat makeup, at least you'll be pretty on the inside then," I added.

"Ugh, you're so not worth my time," she threw me one last glare as she flipped her hair over her shoulder and passed by me, purposely hitting my shoulder in the process.

Then why bother talking to me in the first place? And with that, I marched my way to my next class and gave a fake smile to all the people glancing at me. Jordan caught up with me as we walked side by side.

"What happened to the nerdy Elizabeth? She wasn't snarky like you are now," he teased.

"She's dying," I muttered as we both entered the classroom.

*****

"Can you please stop poking me with a pencil?" I hissed as I shot a glare at Jordan who was sitting next to me.

He just shot me a downward smile in return. "So, have you seen your boyfriend yet?" he asked as he plays with his pencil.

I haven't seen Wade today and that didn't mean I was looking for him. But where could that monkey asshat be? He didn't drop by my house in the morning so we could drive to school together like we usually do. I suddenly remembered that Wade was in this class.

I glanced around but I didn't find the familiar mop of blonde hair among the students.

Speak of the devil and he shall appear.