Chapter 9

Valentine

Jace was after us. I had no doubt that if it came to it, the Circle would win, but what if he escaped. They called him the angel boy for a reason. I could not risk him discovering our location and informing the rest of that Clave. I paced up and down the weapon chamber, the blades glinting and beckoning for me. Clarissa's voice was drowned out by a shattering downstairs. My eyes narrowed and I yanked a wicked seraph blade from the wall and strode down the stairs. A dozen of my followers were sprawled across the floor, streaks of blood cutting through the marble. The Lightwoods were groaning and in pain yet still alive. The rest were not so lucky.
A chuckle sounded from behind me. Without hesitating, I swung my blade. It swiped through nothing but air, the angel boy easily dodging my blow. I snarled and swiped again. A clang echoed through the marble room as he deflected it with his own blade. He flashed by me and appeared by my other side, but I was ready. I swiped at his feet, and he lunged back to avoid it. I placed a punch in his gut, and he allowed himself a second to keel over. It was enough. I took a fist full of his hair and yanked it down, kicking his feet behind him. He fell against the stone stairs and struggled to get back up. Not giving him any time to recover, I slammed my foot down on his nose. Blood trickled out to my satisfaction. He groaned and wiped away the blood that was streaming down. He hauled himself to his feet. I gave a small grin as I grabbed his shoulders and shoved him down the flight of stairs. This was going to be fun.
I lazily strolled to his side, taking my time. He was coughing blood now. That was going to leave a stain.
"How rude of you. This is not how you treat your hosts, angel boy," I sneered. I slammed my foot down one last time, knocking him out.

Heyyyy guys long time no see😅 I'm going to TRY and be more active....