Chapter 4

I stand there frozen with shock as the dagger spins in the air. Something barrels into my side and I'm knocked off my feet, narrowly escaping the dagger. I spit hair out of my mouth and look up at Graymark, who is offering a hand. As father's parabatai, he thinks that my safety is his responsibility. I nod my head in thanks and get to my feet. Across the room, a boy aims another dagger at me, his eyes narrowed. The first thing I see is the gold in his hair and eyes - a painter's dream. I sprint to him whilst veering left and right, not wanting to be an easy target. He throws the knife in his hand and I feel a searing pain in my left arm where it must have gashed it. I swing Heosphoros and lunge, aiming for his heart. He nimbly dodges my blow, and returns one using his own sword. He's fast. We keep exchanging blows for what seems like hours, when suddenly he stops and begins sprinting to the door. I hesitate, wondering if it is worth going after him, when I feel a hand on my shoulder.
"I want you to come to my office when we get home," says my father. I nod my head in understanding, slightly shaken. That boy was faster and better than any Shadowhunter I have encountered - it isn't possible.

*sigh* I wonder who this mysterious boy with super speed and strength is...