Chapter 6

6 hours later

I have been walking non-stop for the last hour, and I have two hours to go. Father thought it would be best if I did not travel by portal, as it would alert The Clave and cause suspision from Jace Herondale. I have roughly formulated a plan, but I already know that most of it I will have to improvise. I was to meet Jace on the street at 6:27 this evening.

2 hours later

I pull the hood of my cloak to cover my face and wait behind a wall, waiting for Jace Herondale to appear. I glance down the path. A dark figure turns the corner of the road and begins walking towards me. At a second glance, I confirm that he is my target. Acting oblivious, I hunch over and stride towards his direction. A shuffle of footsteps behind me tells me that father is ready. I let out a gasp and start sprinting towards Jace.

"What-" he begins.

I scream as father and The Circle members leave their hiding spot and run toward me, brandishing their seraph blades.

"Help me!" I shout, grasping his wrist. 

He gives me a confused stare that lasts for only a second, then takes a seraph blade from his belt, names it and throws it towards my father. One of his Circle members leaps in front of father and takes the knife in his arm. The injured member swears then retreats, leaving the 'fight' to father and Pangborn, I think. Pangborn throws a knife at Jace, but he easily dodges it. As planned, father, Pangborn and the injured Shadowhunter run off.

"Please! We have to run - they have backup!" I gasp as I start attempting to drag Jace in the opposite direction. He nods.

"Come with me," he says calmly, glancing overs shoulder to check if anyone is following us. He starts to sprint in the direction of the Herondale Manor, and I follow him, careful to slow my pace. I do not want him knowing about my special training - not when it could be a useful factor if it ever comes down to a fight. We reach the gates of the manor soon. He hides the secret combination to get the gates open. Of course he doesn't trust me yet.  We trudge up the gravel path that leads to the entrance. It is a huge mahogany door, perhaps even bigger than the library door back at home. He pushes open the door, and from the strain in his arms and back I can tell it is heavy. He ushers me inside, closing the door behind me.

"Wait here," he tells me. I lean back on a wall, pretending to tremble. I am in.

Hi guys! I hope you liked this chapter x Please remember to vote and comment any feedback - good or bad. Thanks;)

–C