The Joys Of A New School

Start from the beginning

 I watched him walk as I said "What's up with him?".  Louis looked at me.  "He's your boyfriend, not ours." he said as Maddy let out a giggle.  "What?" he turned towards her.  "Oh, nothing, never mind." Maddy responded with a smile.  Louis rolled his eyes and started walking down the hall, following Liam.  "What is up with people today?" I said frustrated with everyone taking off.  "Don't know, don't care." Maddy commented on my question that I didn't even want an answer to.  I finished getting my stuff and began shutting my locker.  "See everyone later." Zayn said as he took off the other way down the hallway.  I tapped Harry's shoulder and motioned towards Maddy and Niall.  "We're going to, see you guys in a bit."  the two of us smiled and started walking, leaving the two of them alone.  I looked over my shoulder, seeing Maddy's face all red as her and Niall started talking.

So, we all went to our normal classes throughout the day.  Nothing exciting really, and I never did learn why Liam was acting so wierd this morning.  The next time we really were all together was at lunch, my personal favorite part of the day.

Maddy and I walked in the cafeteria, expecting to see the guys.  They weren't there.  Well, not all of them.  Zayn, Louis and Harry were there, but not Niall or Liam.  We waved to them and Harry only smiled back, the other two were silent.  That was weird.  My phone buzzed in my back pocket.  I stopped in mid step to answer it.  It was a text from Liam.  I hadn't heard from him all morning.

Maddy didn't notice I stopped until Harry mouthed something to her.  She stopped, turned around and walked up to me reading the text.  "Who's it from?" she asked.  "Liam and/or Niall I think." I was confused who was texting.  I walked over to the table and sat down.  "Did they text you two yet?" Zayn finally realized we were in the room.  Harry nodded in response as I texted them back.  "What does it say?" Maddy asked, getting annoyed.  I finished typing and handed my phone to her.  She went silent.  It said "Hey Charlotte." that's my name.  Niall's mom choose it.  I don't know why he used my full name though.  I'm not a big fan of it.  That's why I go by Char.  "Make sure Maddy reads this too.  Niall and I have a surprise for you two outside.  Meet us at the cars in five, love you."

Maddy blushed as she finished reading.  "What do think they want to show us?" she asked, almost to excited to speak.  "For once, I have no idea." I said, eyeing the clock.  Louis then turned around to face us and had a surprised look on his face.  "When did Char and Maddy get here?" he asked.  We all groaned.  There was silence for a minute after that as Harry whipped out his phone and started texting.  "The guys are ready for you." He said.  Maddy and I both sprung out of our seats, and headed out the door.  "I still never was told what was going on." Louis said as we were half way out the door.  Zayn cracked up.

As we got out to the parking lot, we were suprised to see it deserted.  It was usually filled with people.  "I can't wait any longer!" Maddy was practically jumping up and down.  Me on the other hand, I was trying to play it cool.  We turned the corner to our cars, to see Niall and Liam standing there, just simply smiling.  When they saw us, they came walking up to us.  "Hello ladies." Niall began as he took Maddy hand.  She was about to explode.

"Hey guys, you wanted to show us something?" I asked still confused.  "Yep, we do." Liam said, being strangely quiet for him.  He grabbed my hand and they led us over to Liam's car.  Niall dropped Maddy's hand and walked over to the car.  He started it.  Liam was just smiling and staring into my eyes.  I heard music coming fromthe speakers in the Camero.  I recognized the melody right way.  It was "Gotta Be You".  Liam dropped my hand and began singing to me.  When Harry's part started, Niall came in instead.  They kept swaping back and forth singing, each one with beautiful voices.  Even the high notes came out perfectly, when the two of them have low voices.

When the song ended, Niall took both of Maddy's hands in his and started saying somehting I couldn't hear.  All I saw was Maddy having a bigger and bigger smile every time he started a new sentence.  Liam noticed me staring.  He pulled me in closer to him.  I looked into his chocolate brown eyes as he smiled, showing of his perfectly white teeth.  "What's going on over there?" I asked him.  "Oh nothing." he said as he leaned in to kiss me.  His lips soft on mine.  I noticed Niall pull Maddy in and do the same.  

When we stopped, I couldn't even process what was going on,  I was to confused.  What was going on here?  Did Niall finally come to his senses and make a move on Maddy?  Am I just imagining things?

Liam saw my face become tense. "What's wrong?  Did I do something?" he asked sweetly as I stared at Niall and Maddy, still kissing.  "No, no it's uh, nothing I said as I pulled away and started off down the parking lot.  "Char wait!  What..." he voice faded as he I got out of his view.  Niall and Maddy pulled away to see what was going on.  He filled them in as I ran back into the cafeteria, sat down and buried my head in my arms.  

"Nice to see you too Char." Zayn said feeling offended.  Harry and Louis got out of their chairs, noticing something was wrong, and sat on the ground under me.  "You okay?" Louis asked looking up to me crying.  "Louis, you're stupid, she's crying do you think she's okay?"  Harry smacked the side of his head.  Louis went quiet as he rubbed his head.

I honestly had no idea why I was crying, but I didn't want anyone else to see me.  Especially Liam, Niall and Maddy.  I was thinking about why I was crying so hard, that I stopped.  I was so confused why I was, maybe it was the whole Maady and Niall thing.  I'd had a crush on Niall until we were about thirteen.  I've never really thought abut him as anything else but my brother since then.  It must be that seeing my best friend kissing him, made all my feelings come back.  That must have been it, but why?  I was happy for them, they deserve to be with each other, I just, you know what, I don't even know.  I took a deep breath and opened my eyes to everyone underneath me.  I quickly wiped my eyes and picked my head up.  I saw everyone freeze as I got up and ran to the bathroom.

As I looked back, I could see Niall and Maddy, once again, kissing.  I could feel the tears swelling in the back of my eyes, but also choked out a smile, as I realized where they were.  Under our table in the cafeteria, pretty much making out as the rest of the guys couldn't decide what to do.  I kept walking, as I got into the empty hallway.  I leaned on a locker, as I closed my eyes and took another deep breath.  When I opened them, Liam was standing not even two inches away from me.  "Holy crap!" I almost screamed at the sight of him.  He was red faced and out of breath from chasing me.

"Char, what's wrong?" he asked me once again.  I tried I to escape from him, only to have him grab my arm to stop me.  "Char, come on, tell me." he was getting angry at me trying to avoid him.  I finally let him win, I wasn't going anywhere now.  I pulled my hand up to my mouth and started crying again.  Liam pulled me into a hug as Harry walked into the hallway.  He began backing out when he saw us, but I pulled an arm free.  Liam pulled away, confused.  When he saw Harry he looked annoyed.  "You okay?" He asked so innocently.  "Yeah, I'll be fine, thanks." I gave him a small smile as Liam was pretty much having a meltdown behind us.  "Babe, chill out." I turned around to him.  He was getting more annoyed every second.  "I'm leaving." and he walked outside to his car.

"Okay, random." Harry said having no idea what was going on.  I didn't either at that point.  Harry must have seen the expression on my face as he grabbed my hand.  "He'll get over it, he always does." we walked back to the rest of the group and for the rest of luch, I kept looking at the clock and didn't say a word.  I just ocaisionally leaned into Harry's side for a few minutes at a time.  By then, all of us were silent, as Niall and Maddy, were yes, still kissing.  Louis seemed to be fascinated by this, as he watched.  He was seriously messed up somtimes.

After what seemed like an hour of silence, the bell rang.  I sighed as Niall and Maddy finally stopped.  Now, they stood up and grabbed hands, Maddy turned red faced as Niall lead her out of the room.  That would normally be me, if my boyfriend wasn't mad at me.  Or if he was here.  Instead, I left between Harry and Zayn, who were trying to comfort me, and trying to tell me that he'll get over it.  I looked at the clock one more time before, we left.  One more hour, I thought to myself.