Chapter 22

Brooklyn's Pov
We were in the other room praying we go home with our mom.

The baliff came into the room and led us into the courtroom. He pushed us towards our father. "Umm....Sir, our mother is the other way," Sasha said. I looked over and saw my mom crying.

"Sasha," I called for her as I tapped her shoulder. I pointed over at mama. She looked over at her.

Tears quickly fell down her cheek. "MAMA!!!," Sasha screamed. Mom looked up. "Don't worry baby, I'm gonna bring you back home soon!" she said.

We finally reached the son of bitch that's ruining my family. "Follow me," He said and without saying a word we followed.

We were almost out the door but he was stopped by the bitch that literally ruined my life.

They were talking and I wasn't in the mood to eavesdrop on their conversation. I looked over at my sister who was in tears. It's hard seeing her like this. I just wanted to cry with her but one of us had to be strong.

Anyway they ended their conversation. They looked at each other intimately like they've been in an intimate relationship.

Anyway, we followed him to his car. Both Sasha and I hopped into the backseat of his car.

The car ride to his house was silent. We finally arrived to his house. We both got out of the car and walked up to his house.

I scanned the area. He didn't live in a nice neighborhood. I felt this guy staring at me. At that moment, I didn't feel to safe.

I looked in the direction of the guy and saw that he was smirking and biting his lips.

I held onto Sasha's hand. She had a strong grip. We both walked quickly inside. He showed us to our room.

It was plain and depressing. It just had a bed, a desk, and a dresser. We walked in slowly. "Do you like it," He asked.

I don't wanna be rude so I stayed quiet. He sighed "Look, I know you don't know me like that but you have to talk to me. I'm your father," He said.

"No your not," I mumbled. "What was that," "I said 'no, your not my father' because a father wouldn't leave their child the way you did," I said.

He sighed once again and left the room. I looked over at Sasha. "Sasha, tomorrow night we're leaving," I said. She nodded in agreement.

I walked out of the room. I walked around the corner to see the man claiming to be my father and the guy I felt staring at me when I first got here.

"Go back in your room," Shawn said when he saw me. He looked serious. I did as told.

I literally stayed in my room the entire day. I would occasionally leave to get Sasha and I something to eat.

While we ate, my phone started to vibrate. It was an incoming call from my mom. I quickly answered and put it on speaker.

Phone Convo

Me: Hello
Mom: Hey baby, How are you
Me: I'm fine

Mom: I tried calling Sasha but she didn't pick up is everything ok over there
Me: Yeah, Sasha's just sleeping
Mom: How's Shawn been treating you
Me: Good, we would rarely interact
Mom: Is he home
Me: No
Mom:.....
Me: Hello, mom, are you there
Mom: Go to sleep
Me: Why
Mom: Stop asking questions Brook, just go to sleep.
Me: Ok, Bye
Mom: Bye

She said and hung up. Why did mom just ask me to go sleep when she heard Shawn wasn't home.

I went back to doing what I was doing for the next 3 hours. I was about to go to sleep but I heard the door open and close.

Shawn must be home. I looked at the time. It was 2:00 in the morning. Just to make sure it was Shawn, I walked out of the room and towards the front door.

It was Jay. His eyes were really red and he could barely keep his balance."Where are you coming from so damn late," I asked.

"That's none of your damn business," He said as he walked towards me. He pushed me out of his way and I ended up hitting my head on the wall and on the floor.

He breath reeked of alcohol. I now know why mom told me to go to sleep. She knew he hasn't changed and he was out drinking and doing whatever.

My head started to head started to hurt. I got up and walked back to the room in tears. I missed my mom. I need her back.