Chapter 7

The winner is.... someone else. I decided to put a little twist to that and add drama to it
----------------------------------------
Beyonce's POV
When I was done with work I went home to see that my kids were waiting for me on the other side of the door.

"What are you guys doing up so late. You do know you have school tomorrow," I said, "We know but we have a quick question to ask you," Brooks said. "Can't this wait til tomorrow," I asked and all three of them shook their head.

I sighed and followed them to the living room. "What do you guys wanna talk about that can't wait until tomorrow," I asked as we all sat down in the couch.

"Corey has something he wants to ask you," she said and Corey took a deep breath. "Mom, where's my dad," he asked and I was in shock. I never thought he would ever bring up the topic of his dad.

I sighed before answering, "Your dad is in jail," "Why," he asked and I looked at Sasha. "Your to young to understand," "No I'm not," he said and I sighed, "OK, he did bad stuff to Sasha," "What kind of bad stuff," "Your asking way to many questions. Go to bed," I said as I got up and went to my room.

I went into the bathroom to take a shower and brush my teeth. I then went into my room and went to sleep.

Next morning
I woke up the next morning still thinking about the question Corey asked me last night.

I did my morning routine and went downstairs to cook eggs and pancakes.

A few minutes later the kids came downstairs to eat breakfast.
Brooklyn's pov
I woke up the next morning to the the alarm clock that played "Nothing like me," by Chris Brown. I got out of bed and did my morning routine. When I was done with my morning routine I headed downstairs to eat the eggs and pancakes my mom made for breakfast.

After breakfast my mom had to take Corey to his bus stop.

I went upstairs and got ready for the day. I wore something simple and I put my hair up in a bun. I had little makeup because I wasn't going anywhere special.

I went downstairs and out the door. I was going to visit my dad. I wanted to know his side of the story.

Just to be clear I do believe my sister but I'm determined to find out what happened.

I walked to the correctional facility and hoped that my dad didn't act up today because I wanted to talked to him.

I entered the facility and was greeted by the grumpy receptionist.

"Name," "Brooklyn Knowles," "Who are you here to see," "Lyndell Locke," "OK, go right through this door and an officer will show you where to go," she said and I walked through the door. An officer searched me and showed me to the visiting area.

I sat down and had to wait 5 minutes for him to come. An officer took his handcuffs off and he sat across from me. The only thing seperating us was a sound proof glass.

I picked up the phone and he did the same.

"Hey dad," "Hey baby, how come you aren't in school," he asked, "I'm suspended," "Why, what did you do," "Me and Sasha got into a fight," "Oh," he said.

"Dad, can I ask you a quick question," "Wassup," "Why did you rape Sasha," I asked. He looked shocked. It was silent for a few minutes until he broke the silence.

"Did your mom tell you that," he asked, "No. Sasha did," "Oh." "So it true," I said to myself.

I didn't know how to feel at that point. I was defending someone who would hurt my family. I thought of him as innocent but he was a criminal. I feel awful about the thing I said in the past to my mom and sister and I feel awful for what I've done in the past to defend my dad when now I know that he's a criminal.

"HOW COULD YOU," I yelled, "Broo-," he said but was cut off by me. "HOW COULD YOU MOLEST YOUR OWN DAUGHTER," "She's not my daughter," he said under his breath, thinking I didn't hear him.

"What do you mean she's not your daughter," I asked and he took a deep breath.

"I'm not your real father. Your real father left you and your mom while she was pregnant with you and Sasha. I decided to take the role as your father because I didn't want you guys to be fatherless. I'm Corey's real father though," he said and I hung up the phone.

I didn't want to hear anymore of this bullshit. I got up, walked out of the correctional facility and walked home. When I got home I went straight to the kitchen because I knew my mom would be there.

Sure enough, the first thing I see in the kitchen was her doing the dishes. I sat down on a stool and waited until she was done doing the dishes to speak.

"Why did you lie to me," I asked. "What do you mean," "I mean why didn't you tell me Lyndell wasn't my real dad," I said raising my voice a little.

"First of all lower your voice because I don't know who your talking to raising your voice like that and second of all, who told you that," she said, "Lyndell," I said and she mumbled something to herself.

"How come you never told me," "I didn't want you to feel hurt," "How would I feel hurt," "Brooks, I know you better then you know yourself. I know if I told you the truth you would feel unwanted and I didn't want to see that."

"Yeah sure I would feel unwanted but I do deserve to know the truth," I said ran
to to my room.

I slammed the door behind me and lied on my bed. I lied on my back and stared at the ceiling, thinking about my life. Is my entire life a lie?

---------------------------------------
Thank you for reading my stories and keeping me motivated. I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter.