Memories

I woke up, slowly opening my eyes, and looked around, taking in my surroundings.

I was in a white room with a window to my right that had blinds over it that still let in some natural light. I was laying in a bed with some white sheets over me. The only ounce of color in the room was the navy duvet at the foot of the bed.

I noticed I was in a different shirt than before. Looking down at it I saw it was one of Nathan's. It smelled just like him.

I immediately questioned why I was here and why I didn't have my own shirt on, but then the horrific events of the past few hours flooded back. Nathan had been shot and I had gotten him to help. Well, at least I hope those people could help him.

Just then, a man with slightly tan skin, black hair, and high cheekbones walked in. "How are you feeling?" he asked me. I recognized him to be the owner of the Irish accent, the one who was comforting me earlier.

"I'm ok. Where's Nathan?" I asked.

"He's resting," the tall man said. "I'm Siva by the way," he gave me a small smile.

I smiled back, staying quiet. I wasn't one hundred percent sure if I could trust him yet.

"Your name is Nicki, right?" he asked. I nodded and he smiled again. "Nathan talks about you all the time," he said.

"Really?" I asked. He nodded. I guess that he was friends with Nathan somehow.

"You must be hungry," he said. I nodded my head shyly. "Come with me," he said extending his hand to me. What a gentleman.

I pulled the sheet off of me, swinging my legs off the left side of the bed. I slid off, feeling my bare feet contact the cold, tiled floor and took Siva's hand.

He led me down the hall and we came to a small kitchen area. There was a fridge, microwave, and some other small appliances scattered about. Siva walked me over to the square dinning table and I took a seat.

"What would you like?" he asked as he put on the kettle.

"Just some tea, please," I said. He nodded and grinned.

He finished up the tea and brought it over to the table. Then he went to make some more food. I just sat drinking my tea as I watched him prepare eggs, toast, and some bacon. I could feel my stomach growl at the aroma.

Just as Siva finished, I heard the patter of footsteps. I hoped it was Nathan and that he was ok, but I was disappointed to see three other guys pile into the room.

The first one to make it in the room had brown spiky hair and dark chocolate brown eyes. I noticed he had a few small scars on his face and he was quite short compared to Siva.

The next one was around the first's height. He had a bald head and blue-grey eyes. When they talked, they both had thick Northern accents and very loud voices.

The third had curly light brown hair and crystal blue eyes. He was a bit taller than the first two and I noticed he had a few tattoos up his arms. He sounded like he was from a little less farther north but still farther than Gloucester. He too talked loudly and had a loud booming laugh.

They were all having their own conversations as they shuffled around the small kitchen grabbing plates and utensils. The one with the spiky brown hair looked over to the table, where I was still sat with my tea, and just stood staring. I felt shy when he looked at me, so I began to study my tea.

Suddenly, silence took over the room, so I looked up. The three of them just stood looking at me. Siva came over next to me with his plate, setting it down on the table. "Boys, this is Nicki," he said gesturing to me.