Welcome Home

It was finally the day that Nathan was coming home and I was so excited. Their plane was coming in at 6 am so I got up early to meet them at the airport. I got up at 5:15 and took a shower. Then I changed into some light wash denim shorts and a black v-neck.

I dried my hair and straightened it. Then I just put on a little bit of foundation, mascara, and eye shadow. I grabbed a shoulder bag putting in what I would need, remembering to add my 'My Summer' notebook as well.

I went into my parents' room and drug my dad out of bed. It was Saturday so he didn't have to go to work today. It wasn't easy, but we finally got in the car and started driving to the airport.

We we found a waiting area by their plane's gate and stood around waiting for their flight arrival to be announced.

After a little bit of waiting, I saw him. I immediately sprung up and started sprinting across the airport. When he looked up and saw me, his face lit up. He too came running in my direction.

When we finally got to each other, Nathan dropped his bags and embraced me in a huge bear hug. He wrapped his long arms around my back and I wrapped mine around his waist. I stuck my face in his neck and he stuck his in mine. I took in his scent again and how it felt to hug him. Man I missed this. I didn't notice until we finally pulled apart that I was crying. I looked over his face and he looked over mine. He too was in tears.

"I missed you so much," he said wrapping his arms around my neck and pulling my head into his chest.

"I missed you too," I said. He kissed my head.

His family and my dad finally caught up to us. My dad was talking to his mum and Jess was awkwardly standing around waiting for our hug to end.

When we broke apart, I pulled Jess into a small hug then Nathan and Jess gathered their bags and we began walking.

When we got to the parking area, I asked my dad if I could go with Nathan over to his house. He nodded and we went our separate ways. I walked in stride with Nathan to their car and helped him stuff his bags into the boot then climbed in the back.

When we got to Nathan's, I helped him bring his stuff upstairs to his room. As he started to unpack, I went to make some tea. I went downstairs to the kitchen, got out two mugs, and started making the tea. After the water was hot, I poured it into the mugs and started back up to Nathan's room.

As I had expected, he wasn't even half way through unpacking his first bag.

"Nath," I said sitting down on his bed, which had become a new home for random articles of clothing.

"Yeah?" He answered from somewhere in his closest.

"Tea," I plainly stated and he immediately came and took it from me.

He shoved a few stray shirts to the floor from his bed and took a seat next to me before taking a sip from his mug.

"So, how was your trip?" I asked looking at him as I took a sip of my tea.

"Well," he started, "let me show you," he said getting up and setting his mug on a bed-side table. He went over to his bag by his closet and dug around in it. He took something out, which I soon saw was a camera, and brought it over to where I was sitting. "Take a look," he said turing it on.

The first picture was from the plane. It was Jess slumped over against the small plane window, sleeping in her seat. I giggled as I went through the pictures. Nathan took some selfies and pictures of the most random things like a napkin from the plane. Then I came upon pictures of him and Jess in front of the Eiffel Tower.

"You guys went to France?" I asked looking up from the camera.

"Yeah, and Switzerland," he said hitting the Next button and showing a picture of mountains.

I know it was odd for me not to know where they went, but we never really talked about it. I think we were pretty numb about the whole situation since we heard about the trip. Where they were going just never came up.

"So what did you guys do other than sight seeing?" I asked going back to flipping through pictures.

"We visited some family we haven't seen in a long time," he answered hesitantly then took a sip of his tea.

"Oh, well thats cool," I said as I flipped through a few more pictures. They were all pictures of Nathan making the weirdest faces. "Man the plane must have been pretty boring," I said.

"Yeah, I had a rubbish time trying to sleep," he said smiling as I kept going through the pictures.

I eventually set the camera down and reached down to my bag on the floor. I reached in and pulled out my journal.

"And here is what I did this summer," I said handing Nathan the journal. He didn't say anything, he just opened the front cover to the first entry and started reading. I sat watching him while finishing my tea.

It wasn't until he got to the day I won Bubbles that he spoke. "Wow, you did so much this summer even though I was gone."

"No," I said. "I really didn't." I shook my head.

"Yeah you did," he insisted. "Swimming, biking, a camping trip, a spa day, the fair," he said flipping through numerous pages. "You did so much!"

When I really thought about it, I guess I did do a lot this summer.

When Nathan came upon Bubbles's funeral day he looked up at me. Then he stared at the journal again. "I'm glad I had a little stand-in," he said smiling. "At least for a while," he added.

"Well you're home now, and that's all that matters," I said smiling. He looked up and smiled. Then he moved the journal from his lap and pulled me into a hug.

"Yeah. I'm glad to be home."

A/N Hey guys! So, surprise! Extra chapter this week. :) i hope you guys enjoied this chapter! Yesterday's was short so i wanted to make it up to you all! Would love some feedback in the comments! Vote, comment, share! Thank you for reading! - Cassie