Chapter 4

I slowly opened my eyes, as a sound of a low tap on my window woke me up. I turned my sleeping position to look in the direction of my balcony. It was still the middle of the night, so it was hard to distinguish what’s in front of me. When my eyes got accustomed to the dark, I saw a little bird standing behind the glass, waiting for me to open for it.

I smiled, and got up from my bed, turned the lights on, and guiding myself to the door, and opened it. It was a little raven, poor bird; it must’ve been freezing outside.

And in the minute it penetrated the room, it suddenly transformed. Instead of the innocent little bird, I saw him standing in front of me. I stared at him in shock.

“It took you so long to wake up.”

“Blake?”

“I need to talk to you.”

“WAKE UP!” I jumped from my bed, when I felt a cold liquid all over my body.

“LILLY! WHAT THE HELL?!” I screamed.

“It took you so long to wake up!” She said.

“Wake up?” I furrowed my eyebrows and looked around, “What are you talking about?”

“You were sleeping.” She said slowly, as if I was a 5 year old child. Sleeping? What? Didn’t Blake transform into a raven?

“Ugh” I said putting my hands in either side of my head. “Nothing Lill, I was probably dreaming.”

“About the quarterback?” She said smirking, and I shot my head up to look at her. How did she know?

“You were saying he’s name.” she simply said, as if answering to my mute question.

“I don’t speak in my sleep.” I mumbled confused “Did I say anything else?”

“Yeah, something about ravens, I don’t know. You were confusing me, so I though it’s just a bad dream, and decided, well, to wake you up this way.” She explained. Oh, so this was a dream. Great, now he’s haunting my dreams too! But what does it have to do with ravens? Strange. I looked at the clock and looked at Lilly like she was crazy.

“It’s still 8 am! Why did you wake me up? It’s Saturday!” I shouted, annoyed, but somehow thankful that she had wakened me up from my nightmare.

“Oh yeah I forgot to tell you! We need to go shopping!”

“Why?” I asked confused.

“For the masquerade ball silly!” she said rolling her eyes, “I need a new dress and a matching mask, and I figured you need one too; so we’ll help each other.” She clapped her hands in excitement.

“Masquerade ball?” I repeated. Since when did they announce this?

“Yeah, where were you when the teacher announced it?”

“When is it?”

“Tomorrow, seriously Kate, I didn’t know you were that much in love with the quarterback.”

 “I’m not in love with the quarterback.” I huffed crossing my arms.

“Sure, go wear something on; we have a long day to go. Oh and by the way, Alex told me to tell you he’s going to pick you up tomorrow at 6.”

“Why?”

“Because, neither of you has a date, and it’s a masquerade ball. Do you want to look lonely?”

“No.” I mumbled, and yawned, I really need my coffee right now.

“Oh my god! It’s gorgeous! I’m going to try this on!” I rolled my eyes at her enthusiasm.