Chapter 3

I sat down at the desk, next to the window, and deposed my book quietly in front of me. I started reading, enjoying the peace and quiet that reigned in the library. Reading is my passion, I love reading novels, especially romantic ones. I love the feeling that grows in me when I get lost in the events of the story, when they take me into another world completely different from mine.

I heard a sound next to me, bringing me back to reality. I looked next to me to find out it’s a student; she looked a year younger than me. I smiled at her, and she responded sweetly. I returned to my book searching for the part I was reading before being interrupted. But then, the girl stood from her seat, approached her book in my vision in one swift movement, and walked out of the library.

What was that all about?

I took my novel now on the floor, and putted in front of me. But something inside me was eager to know what her book talked about. I took it, placing it directly in front of me; it was a mythology book. She left a note in specific page, and I opened it. I hesitated a little before reading the note.

"When the red moon completes its circle, and when the galaxy will place its last star; the last feather would be gone."

What’s that supposed to mean? Red moon? Galaxy? I rode it over and over again, not understanding its true meaning. I give up! I put the note in my pocket and looked at the book in front of me.

“The Raven”   Was written on top of it. I don’t have anything against mythologies, I liked them, and they are somehow beautiful.  So I took it.

“PANCAKE!” I gasped in surprise when Lilly shouted against my ear, and I jumped and smashed my back against the lockers, trying to regain my breath. She ran away before I could react, she knew me too well to stay here. I groaned. Well that’s Lilly.

“IT BECAME OLD YOU KNOW!” I shouted back in the empty hallway, even though I know she wouldn’t hear it. I grumbled under my breath.

“With whom are you talking to?” I jumped at the new voice that appeared from behind me. Do they want to give me a heart attack or what?!

“Sorry, didn’t mean to scare you like that.” He mumbled softly.

“No, it’s okay.” I murmured finally controlling my heart beat. But luckily for me, it continued going crazy when I looked at who it was.

“Interesting book you got there.” He said pointing down at the mythology in my hands.

“Um, I borrowed it from the library.” I said looking down, with a nervous grin. He half smiled, still looking at it. I furrowed my eyebrows. He then looked up directly in my eyes, noticing my confusion.

“Want a walk home?” What? Why? Now I’m more confused. Why did Blake Anderson, the school’s quarterback, want to walk me home? Me. I gulped.

“Uh.. Sure.” I blurted, tucking a strand of hair behind my ear. And he walked passed me, expecting me to follow.

We were now walking in the road silently, and I took it as an opportunity to admire him. Don’t take it the wrong way..

He has broad shoulders, strong looking muscles, and a nice build, of course, that’s why he’s the quarterback. I rolled my eyes, and my nose abruptly hit his back, and I winced at the sudden contact. Why did he stop? He turned to face me, a cheeky grin playing on his face.

“I hope the exam is positive.” He said referring to my stares at his body.

“I-I-Uh-Umm.” I uttered, not knowing what to say. He burst with a fit of laughter and I blushed and hid my face behind my book. I never saw him laughing, and I admit he looks even more attractive than he already is. When he finally stopped, his eyes suddenly changed from humor to an expression I couldn’t figure out.