Chapter 14

Shaun POV

I found my mate, and I ran. I was so scared of rejection, that I ran. How could I have been so stupid? So naïve? I know better than to run from an Alpha, your mate, especially your Alpha mate. I need to get out of this building and back to my apartment. It's night fall, so I can shift and run there. It's risky but, it's a chance I have to take.

I didn't even care about my clothes as I took off in a sprint and shifted into my wolf, shredding my clothes. On a last thought I skipped my original plan and headed to the woods. I ran for a while before coming to a small cliff I found a little while back. Flopping down on my belly I just stared.

"Why'd you run from him?! Go back"

"I can't. I won't be able to look him in the face."

"But I want our mate"

"Well he doesn't want us!"

With that being said, I block him out and stand up. I can't be with him. I'm not worthy of a mate. I huff and start walking further into the woods. I don't really feel like heading back home. What's he doing here anyway? Doesn't he have a pack to run?

I try to clear my head but, the only thing I can think about is his addicting smell of apples and cinnamon. His beautiful smile. Strong jawline. Or the way his arms felt wrapped around my waist. NO! Stop it Shaun, you'll only hurt yourself. I need to find a way to break the connection without going through the pain of rejection.

A shuffle behind me spooks me from my inner battle. It smells like... Rouge's!!!! Everything happens so fast. I'm being clawed, bitten and beaten, I can't hold my own because I'm not trained to fight. I collapse and everything gets blurry. A vicious snarl is ripped through the silent air and I start to feel as if im leaving my body. I can't feel anything, just weightlessness.

Why am I always getting knocked out?

When I wake, I am in a field. Green luscious grass, daisies, Lillie's, butterflies, the whole nine yards. There is a path in front of me, with a silver light walking towards it, I call out: but I can't speak. My voice is gone. "Hello my child." The voice of an angel speaks to me. I turn and see the creator of all werewolves: the queen, our Moon Goddess. I wave at her but feel silly at the act. "Why am I here Your Majesty? Am I dead?" "No dear," she said with a soft smile "but you are in the middle of life and death. It is your choice on whether or not you go back." Do I want to go back is the question. I might have to end up facing rejection and if that doesn't kill me Hunters or Rouges will. She brings me out of my thoughts telling me there are people who would like to see me. I frown in confusion before tears swell in my eyes.

There stood the people who died when I was just a pup. My mother and my father. I didn't know how to react so I did the only thing I could do, cry. Suddenly I feel warmth and I am being embraced. I look up through teary eyes and see my mother and father. "Hey baby boy." My mother smiles at me while looking at me with eyes that mimic mine. "Mommy, I.... I miss you so much." I throw myself at her and cry into her neck. "It's okay love. Shh calm down son."

I take the time to breathe in her natural scent of citrus fruits all the while my back is being rubbed and I'm being held by both my parents for the first time in years. When I calm myself to an occasional sniffle I turn to look at my father. He smiles at me and opens his arms wide inviting me to his protective embrace. He kisses my head and mumbles soothing words into my ear. When all the crying is done, I pull away and look into their eyes.

Before I can say anything, they begin. "You need to go back son," my father begins as I stare at him wide eyed "you have so much more to learn and experience. Trust us when we say you are the only person that can bring Alphas, Betas, and Omegas, together as one. There are things you don't know about yourself Shaun things you never got to learn. We can't teach you, but your wolf can. Trust him, follow his guidance and then you will truly understand." What is he talking about? My wolf is just a regular Omega wolf, yes he's bigger than any other Omega but that doesn't mean he can change the way the cycle works. As I was about to voice my thoughts he shushes me with a head shake. "Just believe son. Something big is going to happen. Just wait." He fades and leaves me with my mother. She smiles her breath taking smile and steps closer to me. She cups my cheek and just smiles at me. No words are spoken and none are needed. It's like she's telling me what I need to do with her eyes and smile.

I hug her and I feel more relaxed than ever. "I love you baby. Oh so much and your father and I are so sorry we couldn't help you or be there for you. But we never stopped watching over you." She grabbed me by the shoulders and told me something that will stay with me forever. "You are my greatest creation and I am so proud of you. You make me proud everyday. Now I want you to go back to your mate and change the world. But always remember even though your father and I aren't there physically, we are there in spirit." She kisses my forehead and hugged me one last time before disappearing just as my father had done. A breeze had surrounded my body and a slight we love you floated through my head. With a deep breath, I open my eyes and everything feels more clear. I feel like a weight has been lifted off of my shoulders.

I turn around and come face to face with the moon Goddess. "I want to go back." She smiles at me and raises her hand to my heart and I feel as if I'm flying. My body and mind feel at peace. I feel free.

I'm sorry that I haven't updated in a very long time. I'm a stupid person haha but no I went through a lot the past month. My father passed away and it took a toll on me. I felt broken and sad and I went through a slight depression. So this entire book is dedicated to my father as well as all of you who read and comment and vote. I love all of you and I hope you guys are doing great in life. Thank you so much for reading.

Peace
Love
Nosebleeds