Chapter 11

Shaun POV

(Three Weeks Later)

Waking up lately has been a struggle, I've grown accustom to the feeling of a real bed. I started working at Cincinnati's most notorious company; Maxwell Inc. It's been a life changing event to be around other people and getting along with this rather than how it was before when whenever I made eye contact with someone, I'd get beat. Sadly, I am still shy to my core and I don't talk much due to me always have been quiet in my old pack and majority of my life. I speak when spoken to, and be where I need to be whenever we have a full staff meeting.

It is currently 9:38 p.m. and I am cleaning the office of one of the IT guys. He is a junkie person, wrappers from candy bars all over his desk, chip bags and cans of soda. God, this guy is a slob, I'd hate to be his wife or boyfriend, I don't know. He just doesn't seem to be the neatest person in the world. I'd be surprised if he changes his underwear, or if he wears any at all. I shudder at the thought and quickly go back to cleaning the office so I can leave.

Putting the finishing touches on the office, I scurry out of the office and sigh in relief. Just a few more hours and I can leave and get back in my bed. I check the time on my watch and see that it is currently 10:15. "Thank God!" I say out loud and look around checking if anyone heard my random outburst. I continue on to the next few offices and amazingly, finish before 11:30.

" No matter what you say or what you do, when I'm alone I'd rather be with you. F**k these other hittas, I'll be right by your side, 'till 3000 and 5, hold up", I sing to myself while packing up all of my stuff and exiting all of the building. I type in the alarm code and begin my walk home. I don't live that far away from the office, it's just a 15 minute walk. Holding my shirt to my body, I walk calmly, yet, quickly to my apartment. Getting onto the elevator, I sigh and yawn. As the door opens, I walk out and go to my door, unlocking it and entering quickly.

I lock the door and start stripping myself of clothes until I'm in my boxers. I stumble into my room and and fall face first onto my bed. I sigh in relief as I remember that I do not have to go to work tomorrow as it is a weekend. I feel myself being pulled into the darkness and I accept it. Letting sleep conquer me..

Brandon POV

(Few days later)

It's been two and a half weeks since I had my 18th birthday and I still have not found my mate. I thought sure she my mate because I felt a connection with her. she has found her mate but with no surprise, it's my best friend. Turns out she's been seeing him for three months. I can't be mad about it because he is her mate, I'm just mad both of them did not tell me and also hid it from me.

I've been ignoring him like the plague ever since I found out. As of right now, I have currently locked myself in my dads office to try and get some of the upcoming events in order for the next six months. I also am going over a few of the alliance treaties from other packs that wish to gain land and/ or join my pack. I have some in a "no way" pile because of a few Alphas that are power hungry and will do anything just to gain more money, power, land and women to carry their pups by force. Then there are the others that I have put in the maybe pile because I have heard a few things of the pack and Alpha but have never had any problems from myself. And finally, there are the ones in the accepted pile because both packs could benefit from the allegiance.

There is a slight knock at the door and by the smell of the person, I can tell that it is Alexis. I roll my eyes and continue working. She doesn't go away however and knocks again. I groan and answer the door in annoyance. "What do you want?" I ask with the annoyance clear in my voice. " I want to apologize to you. I never meant to hurt you Brandon. I swear I didn't. i just didn't know how to tell you that I was in love with your best friend. Please believe me when I tell you that I did have a strong love for you, but my heart and my wolf's heart lies with Scott. We're both sorry okay. Please try to understand that we didn't want to hurt you." She is full on crying and I sighed letting myself realize that they meant no harm.