"That's different. He's a boy and I'm here to make him a man. Now give me my food, this conversation is meaningless."

Delia's eyes spark with rage and she shoves Kagon's portion of the meal into his hands and gives Kip his food before storming off to eat her meal alone.

Kagon lets out a disbelieving chuckle. "Girls and their emotions, am I right?"

Kip only nibbles on his piece of bread, either not hearing or ignoring his mentor.

Kagon shrugs before shoving the whole slice of bread in his mouth.

〰〰〰

A young boy screams at the top of his lungs as a gigantic feline creature with porcupine quills lunges at him.

Kagon runs at the creature, golden sword raised and twinkling in the mid-afternoon light.

Delia sighs, watching as Kip protects his rear from the second porcupine-cat monster closing in on him.

What makes it worse is that Kip wields the same dagger she had thrown to Kagon when they first met.

I am no damsel, why should I always sit on the sidelines?  It isn't even that I'm battle hungry, I just want to be able to protect myself if need be.

Simultaneously both creatures pause, sharp quills bristling.  Delia's eyes widen, recognizing that movement.  They're about to shoot some of their needles.

"Kagon, Kip!  Hurry and dodge!"

Not waiting to see if they listen to her, Delia herself takes cover behind a sturdy oak.

Pthung!  Pthung!

After the sound of firing stops, Delia dares to peak out from the oak.  Quills six inches long had imbedded themselves into the trees and houses.  Kagon and Kip are not in sight.

Leaving her as the two beast's last target.

Spotting her, the first cat creature lets out a loud hiss, attracting the attention of its comrade.  Delia gulps and quickly tugs one of the six inch quills from the grass directly in front of her and holds it out protectively.

All of a sudden, Kagon and Kip spring out from their hiding place behind a house and launch themselves at the beasts, aiming for their feline faces.

Having been concentrating on Delia, the cats have no time to react, enabling the two to easily stab through their eyes and into their brains.  Killing them once and for all.

Delia breaths in relief, shoulders slumping as the threat is eliminated before her eyes.

She sends Kip a smile.  "Good job, you did great."

"What about me?"  Kagon asks.

"You're cocky enough, you don't need any compliments from me to just add more air into your head."  Delia replies briskly.

She's still angry at him for the day before.  Not to mention it felt good to tell him off, especially since she saw that woman leave his room back in Deon's village.