Chapter 27

Make sure to check out my other book 'captivated' thanks 💖

Kenya |

Jayla had another plan in mind for this sunny Saturday. I planned on just staying home listening to some music while doing a little cleaning but she dragged me out here. She claims I'm acting like a cat lady and need to get out and enjoy the weather. I of course think otherwise.

"Hello ladies welcome to Kim's cafe. What can I start you off with today?"

I focused my attention on the girl "I'll have some cinnamon cookies and a cream milkshake"

"Vanilla Sunday please" Jayla added after me

She looked over the menu then nodded "Ok. I should be back shortly"

Once she left we both went back to conversation.

"How'd things turn out between you and King?"

I rolled my eyes thinking of him. Ever time I see or hear his name I cringe. My heart still has some love for him but I'm letting that all go after he didn't even tell me about some secret life he had. We could have been best off as just friends...

"He stopped texting me after a while which shows he didn't really care"

"that shit messed up. First it's my stupid ass brother then this nigga. I'd treat them mufuckas like some hoes"

"I don't even care anymore. They've got so many tears out of me I don't even know if I can still cry. I hate talking about it so let's change the subject

"Ok. Sorry" she sighed "How's work?"

"Once again, another touching subject" I looked down

"What's wrong?"

"She's really sick. Aunt betsy. I love her so much and just love the energy she has when I'm around. She's probably the only person who can cheer me up when I'm at my worst moments. I take most of my problems to her and If I lose her.... I don't know what I'm gonna do"

"Aww Kenya. You got it rough right now but I promise you it will get better mama"

"No it's ok. I'm just trying to keep my mind off all this as much as possible. I don't need anything else to cry over. I get insanely bad headaches now when I do cry because I've been doing it so much"

"I didn't want to say anything but" she paused "It looks like you're losing weight..."

I frowned "I'm not starving myself Jayla"

"Wait wait calm down. It may .... MAY just be me but I hope you're not causing stress on yourself. You can lose weight from stressing"

"I feel like I'm fine. Honestly I think it's just you"

"I'm just making sure because I don't need you ending up in the hospital and stuff but you do need to get out more"

"Well I'm out" I put on a fake smile then noticed the lady coming back to our table

She sat our stuff in front of us then left.

"Where you want to go after this?"

"Home" I replied nonchalantly taking a sip of my milkshake

"Girl no" she laughed "You need to get out the damn house"

"I don't want to be out all night Jayla"

"Ok well.... how about we just stay at my house and maybe watch some movies, gossip and paint each others nails?"

I shook my head "boring"