Chapter 8

Kenya

The single tear that has been waiting to come out finally rolled down my cheek. I stared at my mom and dad's graves right next to each other. All I need is one time. One time, to tell them how much I love, and appreciate them. How much I want them back. Just to see them one last time time face to face.

My heart is hurting and I don't know how to cope with it. I will never question God why but I will never stop blaming myself for this.

"Mama. I miss you so much. Daddy I miss your jokes. I want you guys back" I broke down

I dropped to my knees and cried. Cried more and more. Letting every thing just go. Even though this will never be my last break down.

Jaiden

"I must admit Jaiden you coming close with this bet cause she opening up more" Sean said to me

I poured some Hennessey and drunk some "I guess. I mean it's like I wanna do this but then I don't. She really is nice man"

"I thought you said you wasn't settling down yet"

"I did. And I'm not"

"That's what I'm talking about" he clapped me up

"whenever I'm with her I forget about the bet"

"Really?"

"Yeah" I sighed

"I hope you not really feeling her. Are you?"

"Nah nah" in the back of my mind I feel like I'm lying

"Oh cause I was about to say. Y'all been only knowing each other for what ? Maybe just a month"

"It wouldn't matter how long I knew her though. Sometimes you just meet that one person that have that impact on you"

"Look man. You still with or not?"

"I already said I was nigga!"

"Well you getting all sentimental and shit talking bout her"

"Its not even like that. She just a .... good friend"

"Ard I'm finna roll out. I'll catch you later" he said as he stood

"Aight."

Once I heard the door shut I headed upstairs. I went into my daughters room which had pink everywhere. She's such a girly girl.

"Wake up Liyah"

"Mhm" she just rolled over away from me

"Come on princess. Time for you to go back to your grandmas house"

"I don't want to" she said

"I don't want you to be you have to"

"She's boring"

I laughed "Come on Aaliyah"

"It's princess"

I sighed "Come on princess"

She sat up smiling hard as can be. This is what keeps me going. Her smile. I will do anything for her and my main goal is to get full custody of her. Her mom Sarah isn't in her life. She just didn't want to be around. But it's fine cause she has me.

"Can we instead go to McDonald's for breakfast?"

"What you tryna say, I can't cook little girl?"

She started laughing "No"

"Come on"

"Nooooooo"

I went over and picked her up out of bed and walked into the bathroom with her. While she was tryna get down I ran her some bath water.

"Daddy put me down"

"You know the routine. When it's done get in and call me if you need me"

"Ugh fine. Bye go" she was pushing me out

"Dont gotta ask me twice"

Kenya

"You sure you going to be okay" Jayla wiped my eyes and hugged me

I nodded. I was over her house for awhile because I didn't wanna be home alone. She was the only person I can turn to.

"trust me I know your pain. I've lost people really close to me"

"I wish people had like 10 lives. And the part that hurts me more is to know that their not coming back no matter what"

"me too..It hurts really bad losing someone"

I wiped my eyes with the tissue and tried to get myself together as best I can. I hate crying because it's not a good feeling. When your hurt and just cry. I hate the feeling.

"Want to go out and get something to eat?"

"I don't want to go anywhere. I wanna sleep"

"Ok" she rubbed my back in a soothing way

Jaiden

"I want to see Auntie Jay before I go to grandma house"

"You wanna see Jayla?"

"Mhm huh"

"Aight. Even though I don't feel like making any extra stops but for my princess" I looked at her through the mirror. She was smiling hard cause she got what she wanted.

We finally got to Jaylas house in less then 20 minutes. Usually it's longer but im tryna hurry this up. I knocked on the door and she opened it.

"Hey what y'all doing here?"

I pointed to Aaliyah "This one wanted to see you before she left"

"Aww my baby wanted to see me" she picked her up and we came inside

Aaliyah of course was grinning ear to ear "Yup I did"

"Did daddy make you breakfast?"

"Yes but I can go for another one if you cooked"

I busted out laughing until I noticed Kenya on the couch on her phone. She looked like shed been crying. Hell she still looked sad sitting there. She might not even wanna be bothered.

"Yeah come on. I made you your favorite eggs"

"Yay!"

I walked over to were Kenya was.

"Wassup"

She shrugged and just continued to look at her phone

"You Ard?"

She nodded but I could still tell she wasn't.

"You was crying?" I asked her

She pursed her lips together and nodded

"Why?"

She shook her head and closed her eyes. Tears were falling. Man what could it be that Kenya was crying for?. Like I've never did for a girl before I reached over and wiped her tears then hugged her. Maybe thats all she needed.

"Everything's going to be ok" I said as I rubbed her back