Night On The Town - Donatello

"Sir, is this young lady allowed in the lab?"

"Yes, Derek, she is," Donnie replied to the young scientist as he strode through the door of the laboratory, leading me as he added, "And please don't call me sir. You're a year older than me, after all."

"I'm aware, sir, but I'm only an intern. You, on the other hand, are now being recognized as a brilliant scientist--"

"Derek," D interrupted with an amused grin, "Just Donatello will do."

"Right. Well then, I'll leave you to it, si- Donatello...," The jumpy intern hurried out.

I laughed softly, turning to kiss Donnie's cheek. "And since when did my brilliant scientist not want to be called sir?"

"I'm only 19, Y/N," He explained with a grin, taking out a card and swiping it through the scanner, "I'm too young to be a sir. And I don't want to be held up on a pedestal for my work. I just want to make a difference with it."

"You're amazing," I sighed, kissing him and then walking with him into the lab, instantly gaping at the sight before me.

Dozens of advanced pieces of machinery were scattered about the almost all-white room, beakers and flasks filled with bubbling chemicals on Bunsen burners. On one wall was a solid glass pane, equations and sketches of theories scrawled onto the virtual chalkboard.

"Donnie, this is...holy chalupa!" I cried incredulously, hurrying around the room, trying to find every little gadget and doo-dad.

He laughed softly, grabbing a clipboard off the counter and beginning to scrawl a few notes. "Y/N, I've got some news..."

I turned around, abandoning my observations to face him with a curious look. "What's wrong?"

"Oh, nothing," D smiled, setting down the clipboard and walking to a computer, "It's good news. The researchers and I have been putting our heads together, and April managed to give me some info from Winters Corp. about the Kraang, so...we've made some improvements on my retromutagen."

I gawked as Donnie pressed a command on the keyboard, opening a cupboard and revealing a canister of glowing orange ooze.

"It's completely based on theory," He explained hurriedly as he retrieved the can and walked over to me, "But with the alterations, I think I'd be able to restore R/G's mom's humanity - and your father's as well."

My eyes filled with tears of joy, as I tackled him into a hug. "Thank you. Thank you so much,Donatello. I love you..."

He smiled, kissing me softly. "I love you too, sweetheart."