Is Everything OK? -Donatello

You wanna see me? I drew a picture of myself. Here I am XD

My shoulders rose and fell as I traced the hem of my tshirt. My eyes hadn't risen more than an inch above the ground the whole day, as I thought about the events that had taken place a few days ago. The TV was on, playing some oddball sitcom show theme song, but I didn't pay attention to it. Anytime I did, my mind was just distracted by memories of mutagen, screams, and syringes.

I jumped a little as I caught sight of movement out of the corner of my eye, but my gaze didn't shift as Donnie settled onto the floor next to me. I felt the same expectant gaze that had been present with him for a while. My hand quivered over the threads on my shirt in anticipation of what he was about to ask me. I'd fallen into the routine of shutting off my responsive reflexes around him, trying to stay as vague as possible so he wouldn't pepper me with questions.

"Are you hungry?" He asked, as I felt his hand brush against my cheek.

I shook my head, as I wondered aimlessly about the style of my shirt's stitching.

"Tired?"

Another head shake. What was the point of sleeping anyway? It just brought in more nightmares.

"Y/N, please talk to me. I know you keep telling me you're okay, but this just isn't going to work," Donnie stated, taking hold of my shoulder and turning me so that I was forced to look into his deep brown eyes.

I sucked in my breath, trying desperately to keep my hysteria within me, but my chin trembled. I took a shaky breath, racing into Donnie's arms, and hiding my tears as best I could.

"I miss Dad," I confessed sadly, "I thought he didn't care about me, but I... I was wrong. He tried to save me. It's my fault he got...got..." I couldn't finish my sentence.

Donnie looked down at me as I tilted my head up to look at him. His eyes held intelligence and focus, but deep within them I caught an unusual hint of anxiety.

"It is not your fault," he said confidently, wiping my tears away with his thumb, "And I promise you, I'm going to cure him."

I only nodded again, too choked up now to use my mouth. As I leaned against him, the faintest smile began to creep across my lips.

I almost cried writing this. No joke.

Donnie: hey, don't be sad, Annabeth. *hugs me quickly*

Me: *smiles as he hugs me* thanks, D. I'm good now.

Donnie: I'm glad.

Me: ^///-\\\^ Raphael is up next, my lovelies!