Chapter veinte y cuatro

Beginne am Anfang

"When are we going to have a proper talk? You are fucking leading me on and I'm not gonna let you any longer." He says, angrily looking away from me. I roll my eyes and take his jaw into my hands, making him look down at me. That beautiful honey brown.

"We are going to talk, Hades. But right now you need to calm down." I tell him and let go of his face. He nods and I turn around to leave. I'm surprised he let me leave that easily and I walk into my room. I quickly change into my pyjamas, seeing it is already bed time and I'm tired.

I know I won't fall sleep early tonight, so I just lay down and sigh. My mind flashes with memories from two years ago and I just can't help thinking about what would've happened, if I didn't fall into depression and just visited my best friend. I hear my door open and already know who it is. He silently closes the door and calmly walks over to my bed. I feel the bed dip and soon I feel his skin on mine. Is he not wearing a shirt?

He settles down next to me and hugs my waist. I sigh and scoot closer to him, laying my head on his naked chest. Of course he is shirtless. I roll my eyes, thankful that he can't see me. He tightens his grip around me and kisses the top of my head. We fall asleep like that, no conversation made, just us appreciating each others embrace.

When I wake up the next morning, Hades is gone and I can't really blame him for leaving. I know he needs time alone and that he's disappointed by the fact that we didn't have the talk yet, but I need time too. I really hope he doesn't hurt Bradley and they avoid each other.

Hades' PoV:

It took me a while to fall asleep yesterday. And when I finally did, I had numerous nightmares. I was afraid I could wake Emma up and slowly sat up. This dream was about the fight two years ago. It felt like I was there, it felt so real.

I sigh and look down on the mattress next to me on a peacefully, slightly snoring Emma. This girl. I touch her cheek gently and see her turn her face towards my hand. I know I've said, I didn't want anything to do with her anymore, but every time we hang out, I change my mind and to be honest I'm not even mad about it.

We had a small argument yesterday. All because I found out that this dickhead Compton cheated on Emma! Nobody deserves to be cheated on, but Emma is just a whole other level. He probably didn't even care about her feelings when he did that.

No matter how hard I try, I have this urge to fucking kill him. I probably shouldn't even see him in school the next few days. I shake my head and slowly stand up from the bed. Emma's arm that she loosely wrapped around my waist smoothly falls onto the mattress.

I walk around the bed, on her side, so I can leave and kiss her forehead. I'm acting like a fool, but what can I do? I want us to be friends again. At least... I sigh and quietly walk out of her room. I didn't even look at the time, but the moon is still up and due to the fact that it's fall and we have longer nights than days, it is still dark too.

When I get to my room, the first thing I do is change into a pair of sweatpants and my black training shirt. I take a glance at my phone and see that it's not even 5 a.m. yet. But I can't sleep anymore, so I do what I always do and decided to go for a run.

I take the path that leads me towards the woods, because I still love it to run through the forest and the fresh air and smell of nature helps me clear my mind. I smile when I pass the spot where Emma hit me with her car, not knowing it was me back then.

I did change and I wish I could say she didn't, but she did. Probably even more than I did. I remember when we were younger, she literally needed me. She had anxiety and was just a scared kid in general. I felt bad for her when she got her braces and glasses the summer before school started.

I started going out more, because I was friends with Noah, Brendon and Cameron. And they were some sort of popular, I guess. So whenever I wanted Emma to meet them, she didn't feel confident, like at all. She would only like me as a friend and for her it was okay.

But I remember when I threw her a surprise birthday party. That was sophomore year, if I remember correctly and that was probably the biggest mistake I ever made. She met Bradley fucking Compton that night.

And as soon as they two met, right in front of my eyes, I was jealous. I have always been a jealous person when people, especially guys would show interest in Emma. Because, although she might deny it, she still looked cute with braces and glasses.

Emma and I have been friends for ages and it was then that I realized maybe she would be happy to finally have a boyfriend. I never had a girlfriend, because I just never looked at another girl the way I would look at Emma. She never knew this, of course.

She still thinks I had various girlfriends and flings and I'm not about to deny it, I did have some make out sessions with a bunch of girls on parties. But that started only because I got drunk and felt lonely. You wanna know why I felt lonely and decided to get drunk? Take a wild guess. Yes, because Emma and Compton started going on dates and Emma ditched me. Well, I told her it was okay to go out and she believed me.

I would take it back, if I had the chance. As her best friend I should've told her about his preferences earlier. But when I decided to do that, it was too late and she already fell head over heels for him, breaking my heart the second I noticed. She always smiled from ear to ear when she started telling me about their date and stuff.

But Compton was and still is a douche bag. I could see that at the way he looked at other girls when Emma wasn't around. And even though they weren't together, you don't do that. Especially not when you're almost in a relationship with my best friend.

So stuff happened and it got serious. I told her that Bradley wasn't good enough for her, which he still isn't and ... well you know the rest of this story. We had the biggest fight of our lives and she slapped me. I left and when she did come to my house to apologize, I did hide in my room, because I was afraid how I'd react if I saw her. She never slapped me and it definitely made me mad as hell.

I shake my head at my next thoughts and pick up my speed, having already half of the path done. But I shouldn't go to Emma's after I'm done. I need some more time to think and seriously consider my intentions with her. Because lately I have been acting more like a love sick puppy, than a best friend towards her. We almost kissed at Noah's too.

I mean we did kiss before, but we were drunk back then and horny as heck. But yesterday it felt as if we were already a couple. Because we have been holding hands a lot, much like when we were younger. But now it's just more intense.

And when I kissed her, she didn't complain. I almost got to her lips, but Noah stopped me and soon Emma was sitting on the other end of the couch. I would have cracked up because of her red, embarrassed face, if I wasn't so mad at Noah.

He knows about my crush on her since we had our first kiss and he just interrupted us. That's not what friends do. I mean, I know I deny liking her whenever he brings her up, but he knows.

I stop at the end of the path and walk down towards a part of the city. I always do that after I have a long run. I go down to the markets and maybe even buy myself a treat. But I forgot my wallet and last time I checked it was not even 5 a.m. So no shops are opened.

That's what I thought before I saw an elder looking short guy come to my view with struggles to get the blinds of his shop up. The blinds that they use to protect their doors at night. Never understood their purpose and probably never will. I quickly run over to him and help him hold it up, so he can tie the attached strings together.

He looks at me in surprise, he probably hasn't even seen me coming. But I smile and wait for him to tie the strings. Once he's done I let them go and the guy turns to me.

"Thank you, young man." He says and takes my hands in his.
"No problem." I smile and without explaining he pulls me into his store. I just realized it was a snack store and a magazine store. Something I would go into as a ten year old.

"Pick something, anything you want. It's on the house." He says, making me shake my head.
"Thank you, sir. But I don't want anything." I tell him, making him frown.
"But there must be something I can do." He says and I smile, knowing he wouldn't expect my next question. It actually just came to my mind.

Maybe it will help me, get my mind off a few things.