Chapter 18

One week later...

Today is the day where we can bring Brooklyn home. Jack is at home with my mom and dad. I am so grateful to have an amazing family. Brielle puts a red Blackhawks onesie with a tutu on Brooklyn. I strap Brooklyn in her carrier while Brielle gets ready.

As we turn into our driveway Jack is waiting for us at the door. I see the top of his head at the window. I grab the carrier and walk to the door. Jack swings it open and he has a huge smile on his face.

"Daddy!" He said running up to me. I set the carrier down and give him a hug.

"I missed you bud." I said smiling.

"Me too. Where is mommy?" He asks confused.

"She is coming." I say right as Brielle walks in.

"Mommy! I missed you so much." He said running up to her.

"I missed you too. Did you have fun with Chaunette and Nana and Papa?" She asked him.

"Yes. Can I see my sister?" Jack asks with a smile.

"Yeah!" I say.

I slowly pick up Brooklyn and tell Jack to sit on the couch.

"Okay be very careful. Don't drop her." I strictly tell him.

"Ok daddy." He said nodding.

I place Brooklyn in his arms. She opened her eyes. Jack smiles and giggled.

Later that day some of the team came by to visit. Tonight we had our first game of the second round. We won against Dallas and we were about to play Nashville Predators. Brielle was feeling better and came to the game.

Brielle's POV

I got Jackson dressed in a red 'Toews' jersey and some black jeans. He was wearing his black converse. Brooklyn was in a red onesie with a tutu which said 'Blackhawks #1 fan'.

As we arrived at the United Center Jackson said hello to everyone he passed. He is such a sweet boy. We meet the girls in the room while the boys warm up. Everyone wants to hold Brooklyn.

The game starts and puck drop time has arrived. Jonathan loses the face off but Patrick steals the puck from Mike Fisher. Kaner passes to Andrew Shaw. Shawzy passes to Hossa and he takes a shot on goal. He shoots and scores! Hawks lead 1-0 within 53 seconds of the game.

That night ended with a 2-1 win for the Blackhawks. Series was 1-0 Hawks.
------------------------
(A/N) Sorry for the short chapter! This was just a fill in. Hope you are enjoying the story!