||01||

Edited: 25/3/19

------------------

Please note that this story will be incredibly true to personality canon. These characters are psychopaths, killers, and pedophiles. They're not goofy cartoons who want to protect some sweet girl. That being said, most of them are still human, and still have human emotions. Romance will occur, but not for a healthy amount of time. Enjoy!

Oh, and please also keep in mind that Jeff's name is not Jeffrey Woods. His name is Jeffrey C. Hodek. The story about 'Jeff the Killer' made popular in 2011 was not Jeff's origin, it's simply a fan story, and one I won't be following. The original story is by Sesseur, and you can still find it on his deviantart. He's even mentioned that 2011 Jeff is not at all the canon story of his character. He has green eyes, not blue. His lack of eyelids are a result of a sulfuric acid accident when he was 25, not 15. His smile was self inflicted, because he felt like a monster and therefore wanted to better resemble one.

Now, due to canon character age, these characters will not be their intended ages. Jeff, in his canon lore, committed his first murder at age 26. Ticci Toby is canon 25. For fanfiction purposes, these characters will be a little aged down. Or their ages will just be unconfirmed, and you can interpret it as you will.

——————

Night time had always been [Name]'s favorite. She was an owl, always awake and curious, wide-eyed and getting into trouble. She just couldn't help herself. She glanced to the edge of her yard, which led into the Umatilla forest, a place she wasn't allowed to go without her Uncle as a guide. It was a rule the man had since she was just a little girl, and he always insisted that it's what her father would've wanted. 'There were evil things there', he'd said. Her hand reached instinctively toward her earrings, silver pentagrams the size of a dime that dangled from the thin metal hooks in her pierced hole, something she'd had since before she could remember.

The ring on her thumb was similar in style, an intricately  carved band with a pentagram in the center, runes in between the gaps of the star. Gifts from a grandmother she'd never met, but by far her most prized possessions. She'd taken an interest in witchcraft when she was very young. Her Uncle, his name was Shawn and she liked him a lot, said he'd first caught her trying to read one of her grandmother's books as young as four and a half.

Her curiosity was as big as her heart, Shawn would say, and she'd always wondered why the night had such an effect on good people. The most unspeakable things happened under the veil of starry night, and yet so did some of the most beautiful. She'd found purpose in witchcraft, which was rather popular in her small town. Her high school, however, didn't approve as much, so it was something only her friends knew about.

[Name] was fairly popular, she liked to think. The pretty girl had lots of friends, and good enough grades to not worry too much about studying. She was often invited places, and always had a place to sit during lunch. However, her most redeemable quality was also the one that made people weary of her. She was a bleeding heart. She cared so much about everyone and everything.

Tobias Rogers was new to Oregon, was new to the bustle of a busy town in the middle of a place as homey as Oregon. He was used to schools so big no one could remember his name, but here, everyone knew everyone else. The very thought was terrifying, and the stress was causing his tics to increase in severity. The constant twitching of his hands and popping of his joints was off-putting, as well as the way his nails clawed at scarred hands.

She saw him sitting alone maybe three days after the gossip of a new student started spreading. His hair was messy, a hazel color that she imagined matched his eyes. Tray in hand, she approached, sending an apologetic glance to her usual group of friends, who watched her actions curiously.

'Curiosity killed the cat', her uncle would say, and yet she couldn't help sitting in front of him. He was staring at his hands as if they were the most interesting thing in the world, so she took it upon herself to break the barrier of silence. "My name is [Name], I'm sorry to bother you, but I thought you might want a friend. This place can get pretty scary when you're new." He didn't answer her for a long while, maybe four or five minutes, but the twitching of his fingers seemed to lessen.

He could tell it was a girl, because her voice was a dead give away, and he finally got the courage to look up. She was pretty, with the same soft features that Lyra has. Toby wasn't attracted to his sister, beyond seeing her as his best friend, but she was pretty. Their mother had often reminded her of that whenever she would put on makeup or a dress. This girl- [Name]- didn't have either on. He realized he was staring, quickly tearing his gaze away and chewing on the inside of his cheek. God, why was meeting someone new so hard?

"What's your name?" She asked, her tone having softened considerably as she reminded him of their conversation. He blinked, having to process the question to be able to spit out the answer. He felt like his lungs were full of water, and she twisted the ring on her thumb. She was nervous, too. That seemed to ease him a little bit, and he was able to spit out the single sentence, a stutter following suit.

"T-Tobias, but my friends call me Toby." His sister called him Toby, not his friends. He didn't have any of those, because he was so complex and problematic. Out of impulse, he holds out his unsteady hand for the girl to shake, feeling it to have been the polite thing to do, but immediately regretted his decision. She probably thought he was a spaz. God, there it was again, that anxiety swelling his chest.

She shook his hand with enthusiasm, beaming brightly. She must've had braces when she was younger, because her teeth were medically straight, and there were no gaps. Her smile eased him a little, and he visibly relaxed, violent tics calming to sudden twitches and pops. She watched him curiously, though her eyes held no malice or mocking. He fidgeted, because her gaze made him a little uneasy, and she politely focused on her ring instead.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Tobias. I hope you'll consider me a friend someday." Yeah, maybe. Depened how long he was in this shithole. She seemed like the only decent person here, so far, but certainly didn't seem like a city girl. Her hair was up and her nails were short. The ring and her earrings matched. He decided not to ask about it. She must be bullied a lot about them, considering how christian centered the town seemed to be. She was awfully smiley for a bullying victim, he mused bitterly.

"I-It's nice to me-et you too."