Chapter 8- First Kill

Start from the beginning

It was like a very powerful sixth sense. Like an invisible eye that could see anything that was planning to harm Will.

Such was the power of enlightenment. Will knew that this beast was somewhat intelligent. He was worried that if he showed any signs of knowing the beasts' presence, it might run away.

After a moment however he realized he was wrong. When the beast was only a few meters away, it roared, announcing its presence. It seems it didn't see Will as a threat, so it wasn't afraid. In fact it saw him as very weak.

Demonic beasts were the denizens of dungeons. They were animal like beasts that were filled with demonic energy and malice toward humanity. They would attack any user they saw without fail, similar to actual games.

Will turned to look at the beast. Saliva was dripping from its mouth. Its muscles rippled with every step it took. It crouched, ready to pounce, its feline eyes looking at its prey, with unmatched concentration.

Although the beast thought the boy was weak, its instinct told it to be cautious. It didn't really understand why, because his cultivation seemed weak. Demonic beasts had their own system of cultivation. They used demonic energy, instead of mana, qi and yuan.

An advantage that demonic beasts had is that they didn't really need to cultivate assiduously like humans. They just needed to grow up and they would gain immense power, depending on their species and bloodline. Another advantage was that demonic energy gave them tough bodies and very impressive senses. They could roughly make out the cultivation of other beings, so long as they were not too powerful.

The main disadvantages they had were their lack of intelligence, and their limited potential. Unlike humans who could improve even with a lack of talent, if you were a demonic beast, your lifetime cultivation was pretty much determined.

[Razor Tiger, a powerful beast with long fangs and razor like claws, its skin is as hard as steel and its fur as hard as iron. It moves by itself and never abandons prey once it decides to hunt.

Rating: G+]

Hhmm?

These words popped up in Wills vision when he looked at the beast. When a user met a demonic beast, he or she had never met before, a pop up would come, roughly explaining the beast's traits and its rating.

Rating was how potentially powerful the species is. It goes from SSS+ to G-, with SSS+ being the highest and G- being the lowest. Each rating has 3 levels. For example, beasts with a rating of G+ like the Razor Tiger attacking Will, were stronger than beasts that had a rating of G, and these in turn were stronger than those with a rating of G-.

This information had been given to Will when he had his class change. He was only just appreciating it now. The reason was simple. It allowed Will to estimate the strength of the beast. Each letter in rating represents roughly 20 levels.

This meant if you were level twenty, then most beasts of the G rating were not your match in terms of ability, assuming of course that your stats keep up with your level.

A G+ beast, this is a monster that only someone at around level 15 and higher could deal with. A player who was only at level 5 couldn't possibly match it. This was true, unfortunately for the beast however, it had met one of the few exceptions to this rule.

Will had attained level 5, thus his dual propagation skill came into effect. He could now split his mind into 4 parts. All four parts were concentrating on the beast. Looking at its eyes, its posture, its structure and anything else that could show when and how the beast will attack.

Will's high wisdom and intelligence also came into effect here. He could easily calculate the beast's movements, thus he was calm. Although he had never killed another creature in battle before, he had undergone a far more difficult process. The killing intent this tiger produced was nothing compared to what Modus had given Will. The class Will had and his skills had affected his way of thinking, so he acted with what seemed to be the finesse of an experienced warrior.