26

Tess pov.

I wake up groggy. My head is killing me. I look up to see the bed empty. But I hear the shower running.

I sit up. And hold my head in my hands hoping that helps something. It doesn't

"God what happened last night" I groan to myself.

"You got wasted" Asher says emerging from the bathroom door that I didn't hear open.

"You kidding"

"Nope. But you made a lot of friends"

"I can't remember anything" I say

"Nothing at all?" Asher asks sadly

"I remember drinking with some guy then going swimming. But that's it really."

"Oh. Well um. Do you wanna get something to eat"

"Sure" I say standing up and stretching we walk down stairs I sit at the bar while Asher makes food.

"Tess!" I hear someone yell from behind me. I turn and see a boy with black hair and brown eyes. Adam?"Last night was ducking awesome dude!" He laughs. I don't know what to do. Do I agree and laugh or stay quiet?

"Yeah, I guess" I look up to Asher with wide eyes

"Hey Adam. Go make sure tesses pack is okay" Asher says and Adam leaves. "Strange how much can change when your wasted" I raise an eyebrow "last night you made friends with almost all of my pack members"

" I don't make friends." I grumble.

" I know. You like being in your shell. You should let others in there every now in then." He says

"Your in my shell" I say without thinking. Asher smiles widely at me.

" good. That's where I belong. Now eat." He says setting down a plate of brown disks with brown stuff all over it. I give him a questioning look

"They're pancakes" he laughs.

I take a bite and sweetness fills my mouth.

"Mmmmmm" I hum "I might just stay here for ever. Your food is good." I say

"Stay here forever then" he says making me laugh at the thought

But what a good thought.

I would never see my father. I'd maybe have friends. I could eat tons of pancakes. And every night. I'd fall asleep next to Asher.

To bad it's Just a thought

I finish my pancakes and then go and train my warriors. While Asher goes and does alpha stuff. Once I finish training I sit outside talking with Adam, lee, Ryan, and a kid named Bobby. We talk about a bounce of stupid stuff until and girl comes up to us. She's wearing and very short. Very tight. And very bright yellow dress. With bright pink lipstick. And bleach blonde hair.

"So your the hoe trying to take my man?" She asks in a high pitched voice. I look around. Like she's not talking to me. And don't answer. " to scared to talk huh?" She questions.

"Adam is it true your trying to rake her man?" I say make the guys laugh

"You know who I'm talking to you slut" I'm a little angry. But id never let her know

"Um. Do you even know me? Like I don't think I've ever talked to you. What makes you say I'm a slut?"

"You surrounded by boys! And your fucking with my man!"

"Because I affiliate myself with the opposite gender. I'm considered a slut? So hold up. A girl talking to her brother. That makes her a slut? Because he's male?"

"Are you fucking stupid? Of course not that's a brother. God why is my boyfriend fucking with a stupid ugly slut?" Okay. No. Not happening.

"Okay bitch" I say standing up "you need to chill with your makeup. You look like an orange. If I'm slut for talking to the opposite gender, then you must be for this monstrosity of clothing in your body. You look like a damn highlighter. But your so fucking ugly the only way you could get laid is if you crawled up a chickens ass and wait." I say keeping a neutral face she looks pissed.

" you were probably a mistake tbh"

"Your hair color was probably a mistake tbh" I retort.

"Just stay away from my boyfriend."

"Trust me my standards are way to high for me to fuck with someone with somebody like you"

"Asher is way better than anyone here so fuck off" she says turning around and leaving. The butterflies that usually fill my stomach at the sound of his name turn to bees stabbing my insides.

Asher? That fucking dick! I can't believe him. I can't believe myself. Of course he was with someone. Of fucking course shit didn't work out for me. I never get a break.

"Damn Tess savage as fuck!" Adam says as I sit back down on the green grass.

"Yeah. Patricia looked like she was gonna shit herself!" Lee laughs.

"God she's a bitch" I say annoyed at everything.

"You don't even know the half of it." Bobby says with a laugh.

"I gotta go. I'll talk to you guys later" I say standing up and walking away

"K love you tess!!!" Adam yells making me laugh. It's nice having friends.

I walk into Asher's pack house and see him standing talking to someone. He looks at me and smiles. I grimace and turn away. Walking up the stairs. Asher follows call my name the whole time.

"What's wrong Tess?" He asks putting his hand on my cheek gently once we get to his room

"Fuck off Asher" I say pushing gim off me and turning to go to the bathroom. I just want to be Alone. Forever.

" no Tess come here tell me what's the matter" he says turning me towards him

"Oh you wanna know what's the matter? Your the fucking matter! Do you think I'm a joke? You look at me and think 'oh let me say nice things, make her think I like her until she had feelings, although I'm already with another girl it's whatever because she's literally nothing.' It's so fucking sick how guys can have the whole fucking world and still want more." I say tears stinging my eyes but not falling.

"What are you talking about Tess I-"

"Hey. There's mail for Tess..." A boy says awkwardly.  Handing me a package.

I open the light box and inside is a photo of my pack house. I turn over the picture confused. And on the back. In my fathers scratchy handwriting it says

"Bring the fight home. Or home burns."