Chapter 25 (edited)

ابدأ من البداية

Showered and clean I walked out into the bedroom wearing a towel around my body. Troy sat on the edge of the bed waiting.

"We need to talk." Uh oh. that familiar argument sentence starter.

"I will once I get home." I walked passed him and into the closet.

"Why don't you want to be a wolf?"

"I will talk about this later, I'm sorry I'm late," I called from the closet while I dressed in a pair of jeans and a sweater. I walked out and kissed his cheek taking my purse and heading downstairs to my jeep.

In the car, I started it and sighed knowing that there would be an argument when I got home.

**********

"Well everything looks to be in order, You should get a password and username by email to log on to the class sites."

"Great thank you so much for doing this," I gathered the books and papers in my hands looking everything over. "So, how will my exams be administered?" I asked Mr. Calvin who was sitting at his desk looking over my files on his desktop computer.

"You'll have to come in on a set date to be determined by when you finish your modules, to do the exams, but any quizzes or chapter tests can be done online. You'll come to them when you submit your modules." He answered pushing his square-framed glasses up his nose and looking at me.

"Okay, well that sounds great. If I need help I can get that online as well?"

"Yes, and you can come into the school at any time during the week if you're really stuck." I stood up from the chair and nodded.

"Well thank you so much for meeting me. I appreciate all the help today." He nodded and smiled.

"That's what I'm here for," He stood up as well and I shook his hand before leaving the office. "Good luck with your studies." I smiled and left his office walking out of the school with all of my things.

"Rose?" I turned around surprised to see Jozelle walking from the parking lot.

"Hi," I responded stopping to talk.

"How are you?" I swallowed.

"I'm fine, how have you been?"

"Worried about you. If you need to talk to someone I'm always here." She touched my shoulder. "I miss you." I swallowed the lump in my throat.

"I'll come over one day and we can all catch up." I touched her hand with mine. "I have to go, I'm late but we'll talk more later, okay?"

"Yeah, sounds good." She nodded. I started walking back to my car.

In the car, I dumped everything on the passenger seat and rested my forehead against the steering wheel closing my eyes. How the hell am I supposed to be normal? I can't even have a conversation with my oldest friend without wanting to cry.

I started the car and drove home.

At home, I got everything out of the car and fumbled with the door trying to get in the house. I could hear Balto yelping at the door as I tried to turn the knob shifting my papers and books in my arms. They started to fall and I tried to shift the stack back into position. I over shuffled and the entire stack fell to the porch. "No..." I moaned throwing my hands up before kneeling on the porch and picking everything up. I opened the door and then stood up with all my papers in hand walking into the house. Troy sat on the couch drinking a beer and watching some program. I dropped my keys on the floor as I was walking in and huffed in frustration. Gritting my teeth I dropped the stuff next to Troy on the couch.