Chapter 8 (edited)

"What? What is it?" If I knew how to fix me then I would be good enough for an alpha. Good enough for him.

"Sometimes a repressed wolf can be awakened if the person finds their mate. It's not a guarantee but sometimes it can work."

"But I found you, or you actually found me, in a way, and nothing happened."

"There's a little more to it than that, and you would actually need to see me more than just in diners and hidden moments." He pressed closer to me.

"So what are you saying?"

"I'm saying that we have to actually be together."

"Right. So?"

"So, I'm saying stay with me, as in live with me." I blinked at the request.

"What?" I pulled back looking at him critically, "I don't even know you beyond having a few stolen moments." I stepped back further going back to the door.

"I know that we don't know each other all that well but we can't get to know each other without trying."

"I can't just leave everything I know because you ask me to. My life is a mess as is, I can't complicate it more by just leaving."

"Call me crazy, but leaving sounds like the perfect solution to un-complicate things."

"Is that always your response to complication? To leave?"

"No. No, no. That's not it. I just thought that you would be more excited to be with me."

"I might be mad at my friends and family but that doesn't mean I'm just going to leave." I looked away.

"Don't think of it as leaving, think of it as gaining new friends." He came towards me. "At least stay the next couple of days with me as a test run." I weigh the options in my mind.

"You know I don't really want to go home tonight anyway, and I'm still pretty pissed at my friends. So, I don't really have anywhere to stay anyway. I guess if it's really okay, I'd like to stay with you." He smiled coming towards me and pulling me into his arms again. He leaned his head down and kissed me tilting my chin up by placing his fingers under my chin. It was a small chaste kiss before he broke away.

"Yes, it is more than okay for you to stay tonight." I laughed.

"I'm glad."

"Get in I'm driving you." He reached around me and opened the door gesturing for me to slide across the bench seat. I obliged him getting in and scooting over so I was on the far side leaving the middle seat empty. He gave me a funny look but got in closing the door. "Why are you all the way over there? Come here." He patted the seat next to him.

"It's just that seat doesn't have a seatbelt so no one normally sits there."

"Come here, I promise I'll keep you safe." He grabbed my arm pulling me closer, I went unresisting. He put his arm around my shoulders pulling me tighter against him.

"So do you all live in a pack house?"

"Yeah, generally but I have my own house as well." I nodded. "Why?" He glanced at me before resuming looking at the road.

"I just don't know if I want to meet your parents yet. Or for that matter any siblings you might have." He threw a strange look at me. "I just thought that it was like a test run and I don't want to complicate it yet. Family is messy and I don't want that yet." I explained.

"Okay, we'll go to my house and not the pack house." He paused as though listening to something. "Actually we have to make a quick stop at the pack house first." He threw an apologetic glance at me.