Chapter 15 - Eating for two

Ohmygod! No! No! No! I immediately start balling my eyes out and throw the test at the wall. After 10 minutes, I start rocking back and forth on the tile floor as I start to calm down. I need to tell my mom, but I don't know how. I finally get up off the floor and pick up the positive pregnancy test. I walk down the hallway and go downstairs to my mom. Okay, just get this over with. My mom was sitting on the living room couch watching HGTV. I stand right in front of her so that she could focus on me and not the television.

"Surprise, you're a grandma," I say tossing her the stupid piece of plastic.

"What?!" She says immediately standing up, staring at it. "This can't be right. How could you do this?!" Out of nowhere, she swung her hand back and slapped me. "How could you be so stupid?!" I grab my face and cry out from the stinging pain.

"It wasn't my fault!" I yell. "I didn't want it." I continue to sob as my mom realizes what she did and immediately regrets it. She pulls me down onto her lap and cradles me like a baby while we cry together.

She then looked up at me and wiped away a tear on my face with her thumb. "I'm so sorry sweetie. We'll get through this together."

In the morning, my mom goes out to the store and buys another pregnancy test just to make sure I'm actually pregnant. And of course, that one said positive as well. I've been having mixed emotions about this whole pregnant thing. To sort out my thoughts, I get out a sheet of paper and lost a bunch of pros and cons of me being pregnant.

Pros:
1. Obviously, I become a parent and have a son or daughter
2. I become popular and everyone wants to hold my baby
3. I get to miss a week of school for maternity leave

Cons:
1. The baby daddy is Blake (I'm assuming)
2. Jacob thinks the baby is his since we had sex a couple days ago
3. Delivery is painful!
4. I could die while giving birth
5. I'll have stretch marks
6. Kids at school will think I'm a slut
7. I'll be an incredibly young parent
8. Who's going to help take care of the baby?!?!? Jacob or Blake?????
9. I don't have a job to pay for the baby's expenses
10. The baby could be disabled or have problems:(
11. And the list goes on and on...

Why is the cons list always longer than the pros list? I still don't know whether to be excited, happy, scared, or upset. I'm kind of all of them right now:/

Ughh I need to tell Jenna and Leah. I grab my phone and make a group chat with them.

Can u guys come over in a couple min? Need to talk, v important.
~Ari

Couple minutes later.

Uhh, sure. What abt?
~Jen

Yeah, what abt?
~Leah

You'll see when u get here.
~Ari

I turn off my phone and wait for them to come. I didn't bother to put on any makeup or do my hair, because they're my besties and don't care how I look. 10 minutes later, I hear a knock on the front door and I run downstairs. I open the door and see Leah and Jenna standing there.

"Hey girl, what's up?" Leah says coming in, followed by Jenna.

"Hey guys. Umm...we should probably go to my room," I say quietly heading upstairs. Leah and Jenna glance at each other with questioning looks before following me to my room. Once we're all in, I shut the door and sit down on my bed.

"What's up girl? You're acting weird." Jenna asks as her and Leah sit down next to me. I sigh and bend down to look under my bed. I find my old shoe box and pull it out onto my lap. I lift up the lid, pull out the pregnancy test, and hand it to Jenna. She looks at it confused at first, and then her eyes get huge.

"Are you serious?" She says, her eyes still wide. I nod and put my head down.

"What? What is it?" Leah says grabbing the test. Once she sees the screen her eyebrows shoot up and her mouth hangs open. "What the hell? How did u get pregnant?"

"Well, you see Leah, when two people have-"

"-umm...I know how that works Ari." She says giggling. "But seriously, I thought he had a condom on when you had sex with Jacob-"

"-it wasn't Jacob," I blurt out. Jenna and Leah's heads both whip around and stare at me wide-eyed.

"What?!" They say in unison.

"Then who the hell did you have sex with?" Leah yells.

"Blake Grey," I say quietly.

"What?" Jenna says.

"Blake-"

"I know what you said," Jenna annoyed, "I'm just surprised that you would have sex with him. He's a fuck boy." Oh god.

"I didn't want to have sex with him," I say starting to get choked up, "Blake...raped me," I bust out crying uncontrollably.

"Ohmygod! I'm so sorry Ari!" Jenna says hugging me. We stay like that for a while until Leah gets up.

"You probably asked for it," Leah says crossing her arms.

"What?" I say lifting my head to look at her, "that's so rude. What are you talking about?" Leah sighs and then starts talking.

"My mom thinks that you're a bad influence. And she's right. First, you fm got drunk at the dance, then had sex with Jacob. Now you got knocked up by Blake and you're pregnant. And you tried to kill yourself and you always fight with Lexi. You're such a hoe. I'm not even supposed to be here right now." She said giving me a nasty look.

"What the hell?" I say getting mad, "it's not my fault I'm pregnant and it's not my fault that I fight with Lexi. She started bullying me in elementary school and hasn't stopped since. Why are you being such a bitch all of a sudden? Just...just leave. If you can't be a supportive friend during a low part of my life, then I don't want you even in my life. Bye." Leah stood there shocked for a second, and then left.

"Don't worry about her, Ari," Jenna says, "I'll be here every step of your pregnancy and I won't leave you. I love ya girly. And plus, I get to be an aunt since you're eating for two now!"