“Yessir.”

“I’m positive that your little brother is up in Heaven with Jesus, but I’m almost just as sure that he wouldn’t want you being sad about him not being here, now would he?”

James nodded once. “I know that he is having fun anyways, having lunch with Jesus and all.” James laughed.

“Now. I want you to pray about it and I want you to thank God for the time that you did have with your little brother, even though he was still in your Mommy’s tummy. Besides, I’m sure he wouldn’t want you being sad all the time. He would want you to grow up into a big, strong man,” Ethan held up both arms and flexed his muscles and James giggled. “and do what God wants you to do for Him. Am I right or am I right?”

“Yes, I guess you are. Well, Mr. Ethan?”

“Yes, James?”

“Am I still going to get to see you even though my ‘problem’,” James quotes in the air with his fingers, which caused Ethan to laugh at the boys mature nature. “is gone now? I still want to come talk to you every Monday. Do you think I still can?”

Ethan smiled and stood, holding James’ hand as they walked to door of his office to open it up. “I think you can, James. I would be delighted.” The little boy shook his hand and walked straight to his Mother when the door was opened.

As Ethan finished up his day with each client, he couldn’t turn his mind from that little boy. He just couldn’t see that it would hurt a child to lose a “sibling” who wasn’t even born yet.

His mind reflected back to what he and Madeline had been going through lately.

He longed to be a father, but he knew he needed to give Madeline time. He didn’t know if she would even want to go through all of the trouble that trying to have kids brought to them. Maybe she would go for fertility treatments this time?

Ethan didn’t know. He didn’t want to do the fertility treatments, but if God wasn’t going to answer their prayers, he would. He couldn’t stand the fact that he couldn’t have those little feet running around in his house, all because of……………………..

NO, Don’t go their Ethan!

He reminded himself. You can’t be blaming God.

As much as he wanted to, he knew the right thing to do.

And it wasn’t that.

He remembered one of his favorite chapters of Psalm in the Bible. 

The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside quiet waters. He restores my soul; He guides me in the paths of righteousness For His name's sake. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil; for Thou art with me; Thy rod and Thy staff, they comfort me. Thou dost prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; Thou hast anointed my head with oil; My cup overflows. Surely goodness and lovingkindness will follow me all the days of my life, And I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever. - Psalm 23