Chapter 5

Heyy! Thank you all for all of your support! Sorry to say that this is basically jsut a "fill in" chapter. It isnt very long at all.. :( But I am uploading 2 chapter tonight, so hopefully, that will bring you some joy! :P Lol THank you to al who have read this and followed me through the writing process of Ethan and Madeline's journey. It means so much. I would say enjoy this chapter, but even I don't even like it! Lol Its jsut too short. Enjoy the NEXT chapter:) Lol

-Careforbooks!

--------------------

Chapter Five

Ethan awoke this morning to the sound of Madeline’s violent “episodes” of vomiting, and couldn’t get back to sleep. So, he decided to get up and take a shower, since it was Sunday anyway.

Now, dressed and ready to hear and listen to the Word of God preached today, he was waiting on Madeline to finish her hair.

He raised his left hand to halfway to his face, moved his sleeve off of his watch to see what time it was. He let his hand drop to his side as he called Madeline upstairs.

“It’s 9:57, Maddie. We need to get going.” He said louder than usual so she would hear him. To his surprise, she was at the top of the stairs at the end of his sentence.

“Okay!” She shouted, mocking his gesture. He smiled, as did she. “Wow. You look gorgeous.” He felt like the breath had been taken out of him, staring at Madeline in her blue, black, and purple patterned knee length dress.

He would tell her that she was more beautiful that he could remember, but that might be a bad idea and break the guy code.

He locked up the front door and headed toward the SUV, where Madeline had already slipped in.

On the way to church, he thought of how God was always keeping his hand on them. Always. About how many blessing shad come out of all of the bad times in his life.

How God had reached down, and out of all of the people on the far and wide world, God chose him to save from alcoholism. He knew that God saved many others, far beyond counting number, from anything and everything. But, it still made him feel special. Because he was willing after he realized that He needed a Savior.

And he was glad that the one who took him in, the one and only true God, was loving and blessed. The God who called him His “Beloved.”

He honestly loved the Lord.

With all of his heart.

All of his mind.

All of Soul.

----------------------------------------------------