Chapter Thirty: Don't start playing footsies with me

"Who are you looking all cute for?" Madison said, leaning against the doorframe to the bathroom as she curled her hair.

I looked back at her and then back at my reflection in the mirror. "Who said I wanted to look cute for someone other than myself? But I am single and I am on vacation, you never know." I said smugly.

Madison remained quite and gave me a knowing look.

I sighed and ran my hands down my maxi skirt, making sure it was straight so that the slit was properly aligned.

"I'm watching you, Carmichael." Madison said, pointing her finger up and down my body. "I see you with the maxi skirt, all nice and sexy with the slit and your butt looking great. Then your lacey white crop top. Showing off your abs and your boobs. I see you!"

"My tan, you can't forget my tan. The black skirt and white top contrast for my tan." I said, sitting down on the bed to lace up my gold gladiator sandals.

"Mhm, it better be for a random stranger and not a certain fraternal twin we know. You know, the one with the perfect smile, pretty grey eyes, silky smooth hair. I see you, I fucking see you." She said lowly.

"Madison, I'm not going to go off and seduce Paxton, okay?"

"Who said we were talking about Paxton?" She said innocently. "That's your conscience getting the best of you." She said, spinning to go back in the bathroom.

I sighed and threw my head back, praying the lord gave me patience.

As conflicted as I felt, I wasn't going to act on any of my emotions. I owed Pax that much. He deserved better.

I stood back up and looked at myself one more time. I had Madison curl my blonde locks and I did some subtle makeup, just a little something to make it seem like I was actually putting up an effort.

"You mind if I head down to the bar and meet up with the boys? No offense but you take a while." I said, glancing down at my phone and seeing an unread text from Paxton.

Where r u? I'm 3rd wheeling rn with Aaron and Riley & whiskey can only do so much

I smiled at my phone and looked back up to see Madison was scurrying for some shoes.

I raised a brow, surprised she was actually ready.

"I'm sorry, did I miss something? How are you done already?"

She shrugged her shoulders as she slipped on her wedges, towering over me. "I felt like the sun gave me a nice glow, plus you're in a rush and I don't trust you alone with lover-boy so I'll forgo the makeup tonight. It's not like I have to seduce anyone tonight."

"Poor Flynn, it's like you're an old married couple. You gotta keep the spark alive."

"Stop trying to avoid the real problem here. Let's go." She said, grabbing her clutch and tucking it under her arm.

I sighed and grabbed my cross-body, shoulder bag, following after the Barbie drill Sargent in front of me.

We made our way down to the bar lobby, our meeting place before dinner. Paxton shot me a glare and I grinned, winking at him.

"Well finally, God every night. Can you two be on time?" He asked.

Madison puffed a sigh. "Chill your dick, your brother isn't even here."

"He's at the restaurant holding down a place in line because you guys decided to go to the most crowded restaurant in the entire f.ucking resort." Paxton stated, chugging the rest of his whiskey and getting up.