Chapter Twenty-One: Well at least you'd be going out in an iconic way

"Please remind me as to why I chose to be a nursing major." I groaned, throwing my bag on the floor and flopping onto my bed.

"I'm 99% sure you hate yourself. It's the only possible reason." Annie shrugged. She enjoyed her first day as an English major, and I hated her for it.

"Shut up."

"You asked and I answered. So-" She was cut off by the ringing of my phone. I looked at the caller ID and eagerly swiped to answer.

"Hey bud." I said.

"Hey stranger, I was just calling to see how your first day of classes went." Paxton said into the phone.

"I already want to jump off the Brooklyn bridge, no biggie."

"Well at least you'd be going out in an iconic way."

I sighed and sat up on my bed. Annie was looking at me with a questioning look. "I always was one to go out with a bang. How about you, football star? How was your first day?"

"Considering the fact that I'm undecided in what my major would be, it was pretty elementary. I felt like I was back in high school. I hate stats. I have no idea how I got into that class."

"You're low-key good at math." I said, stating the obvious. I would always be asking Pax for help.

"Well I'm really not feeling the high school vibe that I'm getting."

"Have you talked to Flynn?"

"Yeah, he loves college, surprise surprise."

I smiled. "Flynn always has been a little social butterfly."

"Too bad what he has in social skills, he lack in brains."

"He managed to get into a D1 school." I appointed out.

"Well shit, so did I. They bend over backwards to get an athlete, you know this."

"I do." I agreed.

"Have you talked to him?" He asked.

There was a group of guys voices that began booming over the phone. "Where are you?"

"Locker room waiting to start practice. So have you?"

"Oh true... Yeah, Flynn's sent me some texts and snapchats. He looks like he's having the time of his life honestly."

"That's what I'm saying!"

"Are you not happy with Penn State?"

"I don't think it's here. It's more that it's far from home and you guys."

"Aw, I knew you would miss me. I'm just a short four hour car ride away, and Flynn is only a couple hours more."

"No offense, but it's not just you guys. I miss California in general; even if it is where all my problems are."

"Relax Pax, you're just homesick. You'll be used to it before you know it and you'll have a blast. Okay?"

"Yeah, I guess."

"Stop being negative and go out there and kick ass at football. You better not suck when I go see you play." Paxton snickered, although I wasn't quite sure at what. "What's so funny?"

"You don't even have a football team."

"Oh shut up."

"Anyways I gotta go, warm ups are about to start. I'll text you later."

"Sounds good, bud."

Aaron's POV

"Why are you so happy?" Joey asked, raising a brow at me.