5: The Second Brother

Midnight was bored. His dead eyes stared at nothing in particular, his second brother's rich and confident voice lingered not so long in his ears. Naka upo ngayon sila sa isa sa mga living room ng kanyang manor. Vlad was stationed just right behind him, at his right side, and was plastered with an icy-calm expression on his face. Though, his predatory blue flecks emerald eyes were assessing like those of a hawk's, vigilant of the threat sitting across his master-- His Highness.

Erebus Nythe of the seven wore the darkest shade of blue for his choice of clothes. His royal clothes were those of the highest taste that indeed cost more than a fortune's yearly salary, and the High Demon surely delights in such riches wherein his dark prince jacket was embroidered with real gold and silver. Perfectly suited for his devilish, outraging look. Like Midnight, his eyes were pure blood under the heavenly skies. Like Midnight, his grin was made of venomous sins that either do pleasure or hunt. Like Midnight, his face was a work of art to everyone's eyes. Things differ in such ways though-- Midnight owned dead eyes that could intimidate everyone who dared stare at them for so long, while Erebus's eyes were sharp and more alive. And unlike Midnight's raven hair, his was colored similarly with their eyes: Red.

Demons shared no bonds that needed a deeper connection with the heart. Relationships were nothing to them, whether you were blood-related or not. Demons do not love. Demons do not befriend. Demons do not sympathize.

Darkness yields to its masters, and these masters are the Demons.

Erebus didn't mind that his youngest brother, Midnight was already propping his head onto his clenched fist. He knew well enough that his presence here was the number one reason for his brother's boredom. "Nice to see you too, Midnight. Tama bang bigyan mo ako ng ganyang ekspresyon? Halos isang daang taon tayong hindi nagkita ah" Erebus taunted, crossing his legs.

Hindi naman nagbago ang ekpresyon sa mukha ni Midnight. Kung nakadamit ng maayos kuya niya, aba siya ay naka black silky robe lang at maitim na pantalon. Naka bukas ang robe nito kaya kitang kita ang maganda nitong katawan. "Excuse my dead eyes, masaya ako at bumisita ka" He impassively said while he shifted and started cleaning his nails kahit wala  naman kailangan linisin dito.

Dalawa silang hindi pinakailaman ang tsaa na nakalapag sa lamesang pumapagitna sakanilang mga upuan.

Upon seeing it, Vlad considered he should've brought fresh blood instead of that hideous tea. Not like Midnight would mind this kind of mistake at all. Tartarus— that demon— was nowhere to be seen, and again, Midnight didn't care about that either.

"Almost a century but your manor still looks the same" Erebus waved a hand to his house. Again, Midnight was bored.

Binaba nito ang kamay tyaka tinignan ng diretso ang kapatid, "May kailangan bang baguhin?"

"Oh, no, I didn't mean it like that, Midnight. This is a good sign though, nothing changed. You're still the Midnight Zagreus that I know--- that we all know"

One snap of Midnight's fingers and the shadow demons hiding in the darkness of his manor will lunge themselves toward Erebus. He'd love to see how his older brother handles it, but he doubts that it'll tire Erebus.

Midnight rather gave a little shrug. "Let's get this started already. I'm in no particular mood to entertain you and your cheekiness"

With that, Erebus's grin widened. "Naka disturbo ba ako sa mga plano mo ngayon? Was there a specific thing you were gonna be doing before I arrived?" Erebus mockingly eyed Midnight's clothes. "I can wait, you know"

"I'd like you to wait for at least another century then" Midnight slumped in his seat. The white witch he had asked of Vlad was already laying naked in one of his rooms early in the morning before his brother arrived. It didn't take for a while before they were already pleasuring each other's bodies. The witch itself was pretty and innocent. Her long white hair illuminated against the sunlight, and her pale skin was predictably soft. Oh, Midnight had little fun doing her.