Chapter 20

Normal?

***

"Let's play, truth or dare!"

Sakura joyfully exclaimed with a wide grin on her face. Ino laughed while the others grunted. They were at Kakashi's house having a sleepover.

And as for the jounin? Well, let's just say he was kicked out of his own house.

Literally.

Konan's POV

I giggled at Sakuwa-nee's suggestion and eyed the others. Deidara and Sasori where watching TV, Hidan Kakuzu, and Kisame attacked Kaka-sensei's fridge. Zetsu-san and Itachi-weasel played chess while Tobi is reading something while chuckling like the little lollipop he is. Hm... I wonder what he's reading?

I approached  the orange-masked boy and looked at the material.

"An orange book? Hm.. it looks like a pocket book! Hihi! Hey, Tobi, what does it say?"

"Uhhh, Tobi doesn't know either, Konan-chan! Tobi is just looking at the funny pictures!"

But I frowned when I noticed him holding the book upside-down all along. Kiba-nii noticed Tobi, and snatched the book from him with a red face.

"Hey! You're too young to be reading this crap, kid!"

Akamaru barked.

My eyes twinkled. "PUPPY!!"

But Sasuke-nii---who looks cute (*u*)-- stopped me and smirked. "Hn, Kiba.. you better hide. This brat loves puppies."

Kiba-nii raised an eyebrow. "Eh? But Akamaru is a grown-up dog!"

"I'm not refering to Akamaru."

It took him a good five minutes to process the information. "GRRR! SASUKE!"

I walked away from them and seated beside Hinata-chan and Ino-chan. "Oh, hey, Konan-chan!" I smiled at them and was about to greet them back when Rock Lee baka's voice boomed,

"SAKURA-CHAN! Oh, my pretty little cherry blossom, I am here, yet again, to tell you how lucky you are because I, Rock Lee, will ask you to marry me! So, is it a yes or a yes?"

But Naruto-nii whacked the back of the idiot's head and that made him shut up.

Kiba-nii laughed while Neji-san rolled his eyes.

I smiled. Then, I remembered,

"Uhh, Hina-chan?"

She looked at me with a soft expression,

"Yes, Konan-chan?"

"Have you seen Pein?"

She nodded and pointed at a hallway's direction. "I think I saw him went there." I muttered my thanks and left the living room.

Opening a door, I spotted Pein scanning the bed room. I blushed when his eyes landed on me and looked away from him.

"Um.. what are you doing hewe, Peiny?"

"Looking for an antidote or better yet, the release jutsu so we'll be back to normal."

My eyebrows furrowed. "Nowmal?"

He glared at me. "NORMAL. See? Pft. Even your way of speaking is affected by the jutsu. You are all just worthless kids who know nothing but eat, sleep and play childish games all day."

I shook my head. I can't understand him, really.

"Aren't we already normal, Pein?"

He smirked. "Your voice.. it's more mature now, Konan."

I covered my hand with my mouth and ran away from him.

Even if I deny it, I know that something's happening to me.

***