He swallowed thickly, scraping his nail alongside the contours of the desk before smirking devilishly. "You don't think dad would mind, do you? If I change just... just one thing in this room?" He asked, motioning his head around the room.

Finch took in her surroundings for the first time. The room was dark, with mahogany colors and leather couches. It smelled of bourbon and fireside. The only light entering the room was from the fireplace since there were no windows.

Lex turned around to point his finger at a painting featuring angels at the top, weapons ready to battle the demons down below. It was a dark, yet beautiful, depiction. It was to symbolize the final battle between good and evil. Lex saw it all true, except for one fact. "Because that should be upside down. Now, we know better now, don't we?" He smirked. "The devils don't come from hell beneath us. No, no, they come from the sky."

_______________________________

TOSSING her shoes off, Jess rubbed her forehead with a yawn.

She walked into her kitchen, not noticing the black mass standing in the middle of her hallway. She paused once she got past the doorway. Jess took a step back out of her kitchen to see the mass wasn't there anymore. Skeptically, she turned on the light to make sure it was just her imagination.

Jess turned her gaze back in front of her to see Batman standing right in the middle of her kitchen as she fell back against the wall, a loud gasp leaving her mouth. "Jesus!"

"You worked late tonight."

"And you're in my apartment, how did you even get in here?!" The man pulled out his lock pick. "Oh, great." She moved around him to fish out something sweet from her fridge. "Can I help you?"

Bruce let his cape cover his body as he watched her fidget over a Pillsbury Cinnamon roll can. "You knew Lionel Luthor, correct?"

"What's it to you?" She grumbled.

"Did you know his son personally?"

"No, I didn't. He had sent Lex away to a college in London." She continued to fuss over the can. She always hated the Pillsbury Doughboy cans; they would never open like they were supposed to with her. She usually just crushed it open but with Batman standing next to her, it would just give her away.

"I..." Bruce grew increasingly frustrated while watching her open something so simple. With the clench of his jaw, he plucked the cylinder out of her hands, grabbed one of his Bat-a-rangs from his belt, and popped it open in one swift motion. He placed it on the island in front of her while stuffing the Bat-a-rang back into his belt.

"Thanks..." She mumbled while grabbing a tray from the cabinet.

"I need you to get information for me."

"From whom?"

"Luthor's house."

Jess tried to back out of the cabinet, involuntarily bumping her head against the top of the cabinet quite hard. Bruce helped her up, rubbing the back of her head while she stared at him in shock. "You want me to steal information from Lex Luthor?" She asked. "From the man's father I admired?"

Bruce stepped back from her, realizing what he had been doing. He cleared his throat. "Yes."

"Why don't you do it?" She huffed. "You do just fine breaking into my apartment."

"Your apartment doesn't have high-level security." He deflected. Jess looked away from him, turning back to her trey. He sighed before placing a USB on top of the island. "Please, I need your help."