Finch is forced to turn her back to see the monitor behind her, footage of black cells splitting up, getting a green glow, and dissolving. "By God." She whispered to herself.

"Profound biodegradation, decaying Kryptonian cells." Lex started walking away from the glovebox. "We concluded the mineral could be weaponized if a large enough sample were found. And then, among the fishes, a whale," The monitor showed the green rock, only three times bigger than the one in the glovebox. "Lying at the bottom of the Indian Ocean. Beautiful." He smiled almost twistedly. "Now, Rocky is radioactive, but what he needs from you is an import license."

"And why would we want to weaponize this material?" Finch questioned with her arms crossed.

"As a deterrent." Lex shrugged. "A silver bullet to keep in reserve to use against the Kryptonian. So, the day does not come, madam, when your children are waving daisies at a reviewing stand."

Barrows pointed his finger to the twins, blurred on the screen. "Last I looked, the only one of those flying around up here was the twins."

"Ha-ha, yes, the super twins." His smile contorted into a distasteful frown at the thought of the twins. "Yeah, but there are... there are more of them."

"The meta-human thesis." Finch said.

"Yes, the meta-human thesis. More likely than not. These exceptional beings live among us. The basis of our myths. Gods among men upon our little blue planet here." Lex hit a small blue and green stress ball on top of the glovebox, the loud sound echoing around them. "You don't have to use the silver bullet. But if you forge one... Well, then. We don't have to depend upon the kindness of monsters."

_______________________________

FINCH sucked in a deep breath just as the driver pulled up to the old Luthor mansion.

She thanked him, per usual, and met Mercy in the front of the house. From there she was led inside Lex Luthor's living room. Mercy knocked on the doors and opened the doors to allow the Senator inside. Lex turned his attention to Finch who was awkwardly standing by the door.

"Senator!" He greeted her with a smile, shaking her hand. "My dad always said that Kentucky mash was the secret to health." He motioned around the room. "This was his room. I left it just the way it was." He handed her a strong drink as he held him in his hands. She accepted just to be courteous. "That's silly, I know, the magical thinking of orphan boys."

Finch glanced down at her cup before confidently speaking. "I'm blocking the import license for your mineral."

Lex stared silently at his cup for a while before approaching the senator. His frown twisted into a deceitful smirk as he began to speak. "The Red Capes are coming! The Red Capes are coming!" He walked back over to the desk in the room before leaning on it. "

You and your hearings..." He began to rap his fingers on the sides of the oak desk to mimic a horse's hooves. "galloping through the streets to warn us. One, if by land. Two, if by air."

Finch stared at Lex with danger lurking in the pit of her stomach. From the news alone he seems unstable. The drumming of his thumbs seemed to escalate things even further, making Finch's flight or fight senses kick in. She grabbed his hand, stopping the drumming.

"Mmm..." He hummed uncomfortably. He did not appreciate being yanked out of his dark thoughts. "Do you know the oldest lie in America, Senator?" He asked quietly before looking up. "Can I call you June?"

"You can call me whatever you like. Take a bucket of piss and call it Granny's Peach Tea. Take a weapon of assassination and call it deterrence. You will not fool a fly or me. I'm not going to drink it." She answered back roughly, her stern voice making Lex flinch ever so slightly.