"Why the hell do you call me a heartless person? Because I killed those shit wolves in the basement? You want to know why?! I'll show you." He says fiercely and drags me up in one quick move. Woah! I wasn't expecting this. He drags me out of the room and down the hall, his actions aggressive and relentless. Stares and stares are all that I feel as the monster drags me out the pack house and into the forest to somewhere unknown. 

I doubt for a second that he would hurt me in some way but that thought passes away as quickly as it comes. Fiana's blind trust and attraction towards Xalvador is frightening. I follow him, stumbling at times as he leads me to a village-like area. This must be where the rest of the pack resides. As we keep walking, I see a small house at the end of the path. He takes me in there and its dark and messy. There is almost no furniture, except a small bed, a small kitchen counter, some blankets and a small closet like thing. There are two doors in the room and the house looks shattered, except its quite clean.

"Mariah. Tyler." Xalvador calls in the softest tone I have ever heard him speak in. I am taken aback by his change of tone but then hear one of the doors creaking. I see two children enter from there. A small girl, about 6, dressed in a cute blue frock. Holding her hand tightly, I see a small boy, about 4 walking beside her. Their eyes light up when they land on Xalvador and they run to him. In response, Xalvador kneels down immediately, pulling them both into a hug. I watch the exchange, not believing a second of it. How are these children not afraid of this monster? Xalvador releases them both and stands, picking up the boy in his arms and caressing the girl's head.

"This is Mariah and this is Tyler." Xalvador introduces me to both of them. I smile at the children and they stare back simply.

"Children, this is your Luna- Arabella." Xalvador explains and they both widen their eyes slightly. They are children so I don't correct Xalvador's introduction of me this time. He puts the kids away after some time and instructs them to play around. After they reach a distance, he walks to me and I perk up for an explanation.

"These children you see- they were tortured mentally by those wolves I killed today. Their father- Mason, was from the Silver Falls pack who left that pack after being disrespected and mistreated. He was a great combat and sought help from me. After assured of his honesty, I let him swore as a member of my pack and since then he stayed faithful to Dark Moon. But in order to take revenge, the wolves of the Silver Falls abducted him, his wife, and these two kids. In front of their eyes, they tortured and burnt Mason and his wife. They laughed and mocked while the children cried and fought helplessly for their parents. They laughed as these kids saw their parents die, screaming and groaning in pain. They made these innocent kids watch their parents die in front of them. Can you imagine the pain and agony these kids have gone through? They are so young and innocent. They were lifeless for months before they finally started interacting again. It was only a week ago that I found and arrested those wolves who tortured them." He says in strained voice and I gasp slightly, tears surfacing. 

I look at the children again and see the innocence and reluctance in their actions. Tyler clutches Mariah's hand at all times as if scared that she would disappear. Their eyes... look so forlorn. They stick together as if they see the entire world around them, threatening to harm them again. I look away and think about how wrong I was about Xalvador. Those wolves were lying and I was so foolish to believe them. I chose to believe them over Fiana, Liam and... Xalvador. I turn to Xalvador and find him watching the kids with a fierce protectiveness that I am quite familiar with now. His eyes are soft and tender, unlike ever. When he catches me staring, his face quickly resumes his usual, serious facade.

"Why don't they stay in the pack house?" I question in a low voice.

"Because they don't want to. They don't feel safe anymore, especially in the pack house where everyone is unknown to them. The people here know them and so these kids feel safer and more at home. I check up on them regularly and provide them with whatever little they ask for. They barely speak." He explains and my heart clenches in pain for the two children. I feel horrible for believing those gruesome rascals and kneel down to the children. They move away as I approach them and that shows how frightened they still are. I immediately stand again, to show I mean no harm. I and Xalvador linger around for a while.

"We'll come back later Mariah and Tyler. Take care." He says after some minutes and we both leave.

"Who takes care of them?" I question as we start on our way back.

"There is an old lady in the house next to them. She sleeps with them each night and is with them for most of the day except for the time she goes to the pack church." He says and I nod wordlessly. The rest of the journey is quiet and I feel more and more guilt with each passing second. As we reach the pack house, Xalvador turns to me with a straight face. Fiana flinches and this time... I do too.

"I have business to attend to. I'll see you later." He says curtly and leaves towards his office.

As I climb the stairs to Xalvador's room, there is only one thought that runs through my mind.

I have to apologize.

Soo Nerdiees! Xalvador's not that big of a monster. Vote and comment if you liked this chapter. It means a lot to me!