Back together again

Rick, Daryl, Carl and Lori stood at the quarry. The sun felt as if it was melting them. Suddenly they heard footsteps.

"Hide!" Rick hissed, pulling out his revolver.

The others hid behind the nearby trees while Rick aimed his gun towards the sound. Sounds of moaning came from nearby. Out came Lavender, Andrea and Carol with the baby in her arms.

"Oh god!" Lori gasped.

Lavender, Andrea and Carol all collapsed onto the ground in exhaustion.

"Get them some water!" Lori demanded.

Carl rushed to a bottle of water and gave it too her. Each of them greedily took a sip and handed it to the other.

"How did you know to come here?" Rick asked.

"We didn't. We just figured it would be safer than standing out in the middle of the forest." Andrea said in a snarky tone.

"Where were you when we were out there?" Carol demanded.

"You abandoned us." Lavender said.

"We had no choice." Rick stated.

"Does it matter? At least we found each other." Lori said.

Lavender reached for her wand when she saw a walker coming. With the simple flick of her wand, it's head burst. Creating a pool of blood in the dirt.

"So now what?" Daryl asked.

They all heard a sound. A sound that gave them all hope. It was a helicopter. They waved their arms to try to catch the drivers attention. But nothing.

"Accio!" Lavender casted.

The spell yanked the helicopter violently towards them. It came spiralling down. The helicopter came crashing down into the forest. They all ran after it. Before them was a man, cut in half. And a radio that worked. It is saying something. Carl picked it up, remembering how Shane used it.

"Hello?" Carl asked.

"Hello? Hello?"

"Carl, give that to your father!" Lori hissed.

Rick took it from his hands.

"Hello, where are you?" Rick demanded.

"Atlanta."

The reply astonished each one of them.

"How many are there of you?" Rick asked.

"The government made refuge here. We have tons of survivors."

"We are coming." Rick informed the voice.

"I don't think I'm ready for more walking." Andrea joked.

"It's a miracle! They took back Atlanta!" Carol laughed.