Ambush

Everybody slept on the ground, in tents. Carol cried herself to sleep. Not many people got any sleep after the horrors that occurred just an hour before.

Harry was on a late night walk, he couldn't get any sleep, he could hardly blink. Ginny was now beside him, they were leaning against the fence looking out to the forest.

"What's wrong?" Ginny wondered.

"I saw a little girl... Die," Harry explained.

"It's not your fault. All of these people would already be dead without us," Ginny helped.

Harry looked into the distance, Ginny did too. They saw two figures in the field. Walkers? Harry and Ginny crouched and approached slowly to the figures. The figures were Rick and Shane.

"Listen, Rick. I love Lori. Your taking her away from me!" Shane said.

"Lori is my wife!" Rick argued.

"Not any more!" Shane said.

Shane raised his gun, aimed it at Rick. Rick went to hand him his gun but he took out his knife and stabbed Shane.

Rick sobbed for a moment until his son came.

"Dad?" Carl said.

"Carl." Rick sobbed.

There was a slow pause. Shane got back up, Rick didn't know. Carl pulled out his gun, Shane was a walker.

"Carl," Rick pleaded.

A shot went through the air, past Rick, and into Shane's head. Shane collapsed and Rick saw it.

"Carl!" Rick cheered up.

They both walked silently to the house, Harry and Ginny were still closer to the house. Still looking, Ginny looked into the background. The moon lit objects at the forest border. Walkers! Hundreds!

"Rick!" Ginny whispered, and pointed to the forest.

"Carl, get down and get to the house!" Rick ordered.

Rick and Carl crouched and the four quickly got to the house. But walkers were already there, everywhere. They won't make it to the house.

"The barn!" Rick whispered.

They ran into the barn and closed the door. Rick threw oil and gas onto the ground and pulled out a match and handed it to Carl.

"I'm going to open the door. Your going to drop the match, ok?" Rick said.

"Ok," Carl replied.

Harry, Ginny and Carl climbed the ladder. Ready to enforce Rick's plan.

Rick there the doors open and countless numbers of walkers poured into the old barn, he quickly got up the ladder. Carl dropped the match, a trail of fire formed at the bottom of the barn, minutes later the walkers were set on fire and the barn lit up.

"Reducto!" Harry shouted.

A part of the front of the barn roof blew apart. The RV pulled up beside the barn.

"Get on!" A man yelled.

Harry, Ginny, Rick and Carl jumped onto the the roof of the RV and jumped off the side.

They ran without looking back at the RV, they jumped into a truck and drove off.

"What about Mom!" Carl cried.

"I saw them drive away," Rick argued.

"Where would she go?" Ginny interrupted there conversation.

"Back to the road where we saw the horde of walkers crossing the road?" Harry guessed.

"It's worth a try," Rick said.

It was a short drive. Nobody was there. They waited for a moment. Then a mirical happened. Lori, Carol, Glenn, Andrea and Hershel came. Then Lavender, Luna, Neville, Daryl, Amy and Maggie. That was it.

"Andrea!" Amy cried.

"Amy!" Andrea replied.

They hugged gladly.

"Where's my wife?" Hersel demanded.

"She... She got taken." Lori said.

Hershel collapsed.

"Where's Dale?" Andrea asked.

"He died saving us," Rick replied,

Nobody could see a thing, the car lights were off. Maggie pulled out a flashlight and pointed it at Hershel. A walker was right behind him. It bit his neck and he fell. It kept eating at him until Daryl shot an arrow at it's head. Then another walker. It almost got Maggie but Glenn quickly shot it's head.

"Thanks," Maggie said.

Before anymore could come, everybody retreated into the vehicles and drove away, down the road.