Bitterfinger

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

Q u i n n

I am currently dining elegantly at the Scarlett Manor where the great Victoria Valmont and Crimson Marasigan are having a vacay with their beloved wives. Ice and Kai invited me. Ice's twin, Yuri, is also here with us, along with our friends Ricci, Jackie, and Shiloh. Taylor wasn't able to come because apparently, she was sick again.

"So, what brings you back to the Philippines?" Tanong ni Ice sa kanyang ina. "Are you guys done circumnavigating the entire world?" Sana all paikot-ikot na lang sa mundo, naghahanap kung saan magandang magtayo ng negosyo.

"Sort of. And I wanna speak to Reese. On-going kasi yung kaso nung jowa niyang, ah, basta," VV is pertaining to that famous, hot lawyer. The family's consigliere. "The twins like Reese, especially Ice, and that kid, Nike, their childhood friend. I think she even stole a kiss from her. Pretty ballsy, really."

"I hope tita Reese is doing okay," Ice tells everybody, sighing. "I'm worried about her."

"Sister, I hope Nike's okay," Yuri argued. The Valmonts laughed. Hindi ko na-gets ang joke kung kaya naman napa-sip na lang ako ng wine. Ooh, lasang mayaman. Bet.

"Hope so, and I'm here to check on all of you," If tita Red says to check, I know she wants all of us to have a session with her. "Mental health is important, ladies." I think that would be great. She can help me assess myself, answer all of my questions. Maybe I can drag Grey to her clinic as well. Wait, all of the couples I've seen in movies, kapag kausap na nila ang mga ganitong tao, ibig sabihin may problema, eh. Hmm, maybe ako na lang muna ang pupunta. "How about you girls? Ano'ng bago sa inyo?"

"Japan plus Renesmee Robin De Leon, good Lord. You cannot imagine, people." Kai pinched Ice's cheek. The older Cambria twin shrieked, almost got her wine spilled. "I just know how to appreciate women, darling, especially when they have their body-hugging suit on."

"Siguraduhin at ng hindi mabaril, ha?" We all laughed, of course. Kai, jelly, is super cute. I remember this kid crying over Ice, nakakaawa. Buti na lang at okay na okay na sila ngayon. 'Di rin madali ang pinagdaanan ng dalawang 'to, eh.

🎶 benny blanco feat. Selena Gomez, J Balvin & Tainy, I Can't Get Enough

"Nothing new, aside from Quinn being whipped... officially," Sagot ni Ice, sabay ngiti sa akin. All eyes are on me. Napangiti na lang din ako. "She fell in love with the girl that she rapes." Crimson aka Red raised a brow. Victoria does the opposite. Tuwang-tuwa siya, promise. "Nagbunga na ang kalibugan nitong si gaga. Pa'no? Kinama ng kinama si Grey kaya naman na-karma. Ayaw sa kanya nito. Buti nga, at nang matuto."

"Kelan namin siya makikilala?" Sakto, biglang nag-text si Grey. Kinilig ang lola mo, eh me ged. "Ang ganda naman niya. Where did you two meet?" Ice showed her mom a picture of my, um, what do you call this? A little crush? Hmm, no? An inspiration, then.

"Her name is Grey, at sa mall show ko po kami nagkakilala," Sagot ko, legit ang GMRC. I have so much respect for this woman. "Actually, she's living with me in my condo. She and her cousin, Meadow," Aking pahayag, pasimpleng chini-check yung phone ko. Gusto ko nang umuwi pero nagpipigil pa din ako. I will try to change the topic. "Kayo po, tita Red, kamusta naman po kayo ni ate Erin?"

They looked at each other, full of love. Actually, she didn't have to say anything for us to know. "We're doing great. Thank you for asking," Doctor Marasigan tells me. Kainggit. Gusto ko din ng may kalandian with lablab.