Chapter 6

After dinner I started clearing the dishes but couldn't get thoughts out of my head. I know that I should be worried about what she had to talk to me about. Though I can't get what the guy over the phone told me. Why is he after me and why watch me? I'm nobody important that I know of.

"Your zoning out again Lana." Startled I didn't know my foster mother was behind me. I looked behind me and looked at her. "Hurry up with the dishes because what I tell you probably would freak you out." I nodded and went back to focusing on the dishes.

The call flashed through my mind again and I started to shake. "Mom is there someone out to get me?"

She looked startled. "No honey nobody is out to get you and if somebody was I wouldn't let them hurt you." She had this look on her face showing me that she's hiding something from me.

"Ok." As soon as the last dish was in the dish washer and my little brother was in bed I sat down across from Rachel. We sat in an uncomfortable silence. "So are you going to tell me or keep things from me like you already are."

She looked startled and mumbled "Your just like your mother."

"What? Please tell me I'm confused."

"Your family had these abilities that they tried keeping you from. There are hunters hunting your family one by one, that's why I had to take care of you but now that your sixteen almost seventeen you need to know about them." She took a shaky breath.

"What do you mean abilities? Why are hunters after them? And why aren't they here?" I put my hand on top of hers.

"You guys can do things nobody else could. Can heal but if something thats not man made can kill you. You can do so many things that your mother is willing to tell you about, that's why she's coming here to pick you up." I was shocked that I get to see my mother. "You will live with them and figure everything out as they tell you."

"Thank you so much for this I couldn't ask for a better person." I jumped up startling her and gave her a hug.

"Are you sure your ready?"

"Yes I'm ready." After that I went to my room and started to pack what I think I would need and layed down on my bed for the last time and stared up at the ceiling. Darkness what the last thing I saw before I fell asleep.