Chapter 4

When I got to school I was late. I went to the office and got a not for my teacher. As I was walking to my class I saw a group of kids crowded around two boys in a fight. I decided to walk over and see what's going on because I couldn't see anything very well.

Just as I got to them I found out it was my best friend Alex fighting. "If you ever go near my friend ever again I will make sure your in the hospital next time. Your lucky I didn't hurt you badly."

"Alex what are you doing!" He looked over at me and backed off of the kid that was now on the ground trying to breath. Alex took a few steps towards me. "We will talk more about it during lunch we have to get to geometry."

"Ok, but I only did that because they were about to punch Sam." Sam was our friend that is in the ninth grade we call her our little sister to be funny. Though she does get into a lot of fights.

"Did she start it again?"

"No they just came up to her and started to get into her face."

"Oh." I began to walk to class knowing he would follow me. "We need to keep a better eye on her for now on and don't get into anymore fights OK?"

"Fine, but doesn't mean I won't defend you guys."

# # #

Once we got to class we sat in our usual spots in the back of the class next to each other. I looked over at Alex and notice that he was drawing in class again. When is he going to pay attention in class instead of have me help with his school work.

"Please turn the page to 255 in your Algebra 2 books." Man did I hate math but it comes easily to me and not to my friends. "Who can give me the answer to problem number 10?" She searched around the room once her eyes reached Alex she frowned. "Alex would you like to give us the answer?"

"Oh uh sure." He squinted to look at the problem and sighed showing he didn't know the answer. "Is it 45?" He always used his lucky number wishing it would one day be right.

"No, and I would like you to start paying attention in class instead of doodling." He glared at our teacher.

"It's not doodling it's art." The look on his face and how he said that frightened me.

"Mrs. Anne he is right." I decided to get into the conversation.

"Ms. Lana and Mr. Alex please step out into the hall so I can have a word with you two." Rachel would be livid knowing that I got in trouble again.