24

I look up at the door and immediately relax, collapsing onto my front and exhaling deeply. I can feel Calum's body relaxing beside mine, his hand landing in mine. The sweat from his palm sticks onto mine, but something about his gesture makes me smile. 

"Luke, you fúcking scared us." Calum groans, swinging his legs over the side of the bed. I copy him and stand up beside his still-sitting body. 

Luke is staring at me, his eyes narrowed. His hair is all messed up, from his nap  presumably. He looks like he has no idea where he is, or what's happening. 

"Don't tell," I say, and I can feel Calum's eyes burning into my skin. A blush rises to my cheeks, and Calum smiles softly, continuing to stare at the side of my head. 

"Uh," Luke says, clearly confused. "Yeah." His eyes dart from Calum to me, before rolling them and letting out a throaty laugh. "I just knew it." 

He laughs again and walks away, leaving just me and Calum again. Our eyes meet almost instantly, and our lips meet briefly. 

His lips are so soft, and the more contact I get with them, the more I crave. He's like one big, cuddly, addictive drug. My own personal drug that'll take over my brain and ruin my heart, but it'll make me happy. 

Yeah, that's called Love. 

As we sit at the dinner table, I stare down at the pasta in front of me. I can't find the heart to eat it, as Calum is sitting opposite me and our knees keep brushing against one another's. The only thing giving away that he's even noticed the contact is that every time it happens, he smirks and looks away. 

Me, on the other hand, blush and grin like crazy every time his knee ghosts against mine. There's something his body does to me, it drives me crazy. 

I want the same to happen to him. 

Slowly, I drag my toes up his shin, making sure to very lightly touch his skin. His eyes quickly dart towards me, but I keep my attention on the conversation me and Mikey are having. I move my toes from his shin to his knee, then up to his thigh. 

His face reddens, and his hold on his fork suddenly tightens - his knuckles changing to white. Michael is still talking to me, but I can see Calum out of the corner of my eye. I drag my foot right up his thigh, before I can't reach anymore and drop my foot to the floor. 

I pretend nothing happened, continuing to talk to everyone else like before, but I can just see Calum in my the side of my vision. The hard glare that he has set on his plate is intense, his bright white knuckles and the tight grip around his fork is slightly intimidating. His face is red, and his breathing heavy. 

"Cal- you alright?" Ashton is first to notice him. Calum lets out a long exhale and nods, reaching forward to take a drink of water but dropping his glass and spilling water in his lap. 

The weirdest part is that he doesn't really react, he just continues to stare at his plate, breathing in and out slowly. 

"Calum?" Mum is quick to intrude on our dinner, noticing Calum. "Calum, is everything alright?" 

Calum slowly lets out a nod and forces a smile. I let my eyes meet his, and the mood I'm getting from him is somewhere in between annoyed, excited and confused. 

***

"Be my girlfriend." He pushes me into the wall and places his hands beside my shoulders, leaning forward so our lips meet. "I want to call you mine, I want to know you're mine. I want you." 

Smiling, I return his kiss. Our lips move softly and in sync, and he tastes of sugar. His lips are so sweet they're almost sickly, but not sickly in a bad way. Sickly as in too sweet for your own good. 

"You need to ask," I whisper, my lips not even leaving his.

He sighs and steps back, holding both of my hands. "Zoe Jessica Irwin, will you do me the honour of officially being my girlfriend?" 

I beam a big bright smile at him and nod, pressing my lips to his once more. 

The way he kisses back makes me want to burst of happiness. I can feel a ball of energy building inside of me, my whole body appears to heat up. His hands hold my body against his, like he needs me there. 

I need him. 

6 years of worries seem to fly from my shoulders, and it feels so good. 6 years of hidden feelings, stress, and a sore heart - it all flies away. The weight on my shoulders disappears into nothing, and I'm left feeling like I could float. 

Author: 

This is really short I'm so sorry, also I made you wait forever and that's not okay. Next chapter will be better, I promise x