60. Flying To The Unknown (Part 3)

Start from the beginning

Francesco spoke " In what? Getting me to forgive our father? No of course not. I won't forgive but I told her I won't kill our father to put her mind at ease. I don't want to kill him. There are worse things than death to do to a man. You didn't answer my question. Did you put her upto this? You used to be the one to keep going on about how I would rip up my soul if I kill father. I suspect you had something to do with her pacifist views about our father but ......... come to think of it you are not a risk taker like Antonio. He may have put her upto this since he has made it clear he wants his father to live. I will go question him. You are too careful to pull a stunt like that. Regardless, let me warn you, I don't appreciate anyone putting any ideas into Adele's mind when it comes to our family affairs. I want to be the only one to tell her anything first hand regarding personal matters." He then turned around and walked to the door " I think I cut you a break this time because you are occupied with Amaranta. I might give you a chance to have your say when I make a final decision about our father..... It's what Adele would want." He then walked out without another word.

Costanzo let out a breath he was holding and collapsed on the floor on his knees in front of his opened suit case. How did Adele do it? He had no idea. He didn't want to know how Francesco was treating him so gently. This was not usual. If it was in the past, he was going to beat him up for not having an answer. But this time Francesco had let him go but of course then Antonio was the one in trouble. The thought of Costanzo putting up Adele to speak to Francesco about their father hardly sounded rational to Francesco, which was lucky for him and unlucky for Antonio. He didn't know how long he sat down in shock but then just he thought he should have gone to check on Antonio, there was a knock in the door and Antonio came inside himself.

Antonio spoke " Ready to get some breakfast in town." He closed the door behind him.

Costanzo stood up and walked to him " Did Francesco talk to you?"

Antonio rubbed his neck with his hand " Sure he did. He made some explicit threats too. Apparently someone stupid has put Adele up to talk to Francesco to save his soul and stop him from killing his father. Well, I am not that stupid and I told him that. He was ready to strangle me but then he believed me and let me go. You wouldn't know who did it. It's not me. It's not you and surely it's Anna then."

Costanzo spoke " It was me."

Antonio gasped as he looked back at the door to check it was shut. Then he looked back at Costanzo " Have you lost your mind,? It's one of the strict rules. We are not allowed to talk to Adele about your parents. He made it clear always he never wanted us to influence her. You do know what a big part of this vendetta is about? Right? It's about Adele. Your dear father separated Adele from Francesco for ten years. He took Adele away from Francesco and made him miss her. That is one of your father's biggest crimes in Francesco's eyes. So never mess with Adele. Don't talk to her about Francesco because part of Francesco's revenge would be about her. A big part of it.... Now, forget this..... Its over. Get ready to go out for breakfast since we have to go to the headquarters and warehouses setting up all arrangements for our one week long absence. Francesco excused us from breakfast and asked us to go now to see the lawyers and heads of warehouses. There is more. Once we come back, Francesco said he may decide to move all management facilities to New York so we may be moving to this city soon. So why not get used to this place. Let's go now."

Costanzo sighed and carried on filling up his suit case "Fine... Give me a few minutes. Business is the last thing on my mind. All I think about is Amaranta."

Antonio laughed "You are not the only one having lady troubles. Remember my deadline to ask Georgina to marry me is Christmas. If there is no ring on her finger by then, Francesco would force me to marry a woman he chooses. If you think you have it tough, think again. Francesco won't extend the deadline for me getting engaged either. I tried to convince him. He said no. He says he is tired of me dating a new Hollywood actress every week. Seriously, I don't just date actresses. I date singers, dancers and also Wall Street heiresses too. It's not just Hollywood girls. Well, Georgina is not interested in getting tied down. She is not ready to get engaged. How am I supposed to get her ready for everything in such short space of time?"