Chapter 70

Y/N'S POV

  As I talked to Ria on the phone, she had been doing a lot better. She had given birth to a baby girl not too long ago, and this baby girl was the cutest thing ever. Edward had been taking care of my best friend whenever she needed him, and it was good to know she was happy. If she was happy, I was happy, too. I was just glad to see how much Edward and Ria cared for one another, before I continued to talk to Ria on the phone for a whle.

  When she hung up, I immediately went searching for my amazing husband. Of course, I found Bruce in the Batcave. However, he was actually looking at pictures of The Bat-family.

   I walked up behind him and wrapped my arms around his neck, then I said," You okay, Batman?"

   Bruce nodded and sighed saying," Ye-No. It's okay, Y/N. I don't want to-"

   I turned Bruce's chair around and sat down in his lap.

   Bruce leaned on me saying,"I was just thinking about everything that has happened over the last few years, and I don't want any more deaths to be on my hands. I already have enough. All the new people that have entered my life and have stayed in it, but also the ones that have been here since the beginning. I can't take anymore pain, Mrs. Wayne. I can't.."

  I sent Bruce sympathetic eyes and cupped his face saying," Bruce, listen to me. I know you feel responsible for each and every person in this household, but don't be. I don't mean just stop protecting them, but they all have their own decisions and choices to make in life. Leaving you is not one of them, I know that. All of these people know what you have been through, so they would never stop trying to be here for you. That includes me. You may feel pain every now and then, but it is my job to try to make it go away. Just talk to me or pull me aside when you do. Okay?"

   Bruce nodded and kissed me, before I kissed back.

   I slowly pulled away and said,"Take me on a date?"

   Bruce smirked and said,"Are you asking me or telling me to take you out on a date?"

   I pinched Bruce's cheeks saying," Both. Can we go on a date? Just the two of us? We never had our date we were supposed to have."

   Bruce smiled at me saying,"Of course. Where would you like to go?"

  I replied,"I don't care, handsome, just take me on a date."

  Bruce chuckled and said,"You know you are a joy to be around, Y/N. I appreciate your humor."

  I smiled at Bruce and bowed saying,"I'm here every day, Bruce, I am. Thank you. Bruce?"

  "Hmm?"

  "You know, our kids are going to be in great hands after we are gone, right?"

  "I know, Y/N, but I am still their father. I will still worry, just like I know you will worry too."

  I smiled at Bruce and hugged his neck saying,"I can't even argue with you on that one, Batman. You're right."