Chapter 23

Hey lovely readers!! I've been getting requests to go deeper into the Dark Knight Trilogy. So, if your fans of these amazing movies, then these next few chapters should seem somewhat familiar or just a little familiar to you. Of course I didn't do it word for word or scene for scene, because this is still an original book. Some lines may be the same, others may be completely different. I hope you do enjoy these chapters, though.

   Y/N'S POV

  Lately, things in the Manor had been kind of crazy. Bruce's birthday was almost here, and we were trying to get ready for his party. Bruce Wayne always invited many guests, so I could not say no to it. I was not a party person, but this day was NOT about me. It was about Bruce..
  Currently, I had dragged Barb along with me to go get his gifts. Barb had been patient with me all morning, even though I had snapped at her a few times already. I felt really bad about it, because I could tell I hurt her feelings. Barb was just trying to help me out, but I would push her suggestions and advice away.

  I didn't know why I would do that, because she knew Bruce really well.

  Bruce practically saw Barb as his family. He would do anything to protect her. Barb sat in the car, while I went in to get his last present.
  When I entered the store, I was greeted by an employee who practically knew me by my first name, since I used to come in this store so many times.

  He sent me a friendly smile and said,"Hey Y/N. I have not seen you around in a long time. Are you here for your delivery?"

  I nodded and said,"Yes, how much will it be? You know what, just take all of this. Thank you."

  He nodded gratefully and waved me goodbye, before I got back into the car.

  Barb gently took Bruce's present from me and smiled weakly saying,"I know Bruce will love it. Trust me, he will.."

  I nodded, but I still felt so guilty on the inside.

  Barb began wrapping Bruce's present, while I sighed saying,"Barb, I am so sorry. I did not mean to snap on you today, but I just want Bruce to know how much I love him. I am truly sorry for everything I said to you."

  Barb nodded and waved it off saying,"It is fine, Y/N. I know you are just trying to make sure everything is together for Bruce's party. It is okay.."

  I sighed in relief, which made Barb smile. When we arrived back at Wayne Manor, I tried to figure out how to get my gifts past Bruce.

  I immediately looked at Barb and she said,"All right, I will do it. I can only buy you so much time.."

  I squealed and kissed her cheek multiple times in thank you. Barb chuckled gently pushing me away, before we walked into the Manor. I waited for a minute and started lying all the different foods, beverages, and decorations out in the dining hall.

  I turned, only for Bruce to be standing there. I jumped and yelped in surprise, but I quickly put the gifts behind my back.

  Man, I forgot to remind Barb that Bruce was outside not inside. This was my fault, not hers.

  Bruce walked over to me and hugged me.

  I hugged back, before Bruce slowly pulled away saying,"It's good to see you, Y/N. Alfred beat you to the Happy Birthday planning, though. And do not get upset, because I did say thank you."

  I giggled softly, which made Bruce smile.

  He leaned forward and said,"What are you doing out here? I thought you were supposed to be asleep.."

  I quickly came up with something, but Bruce blocked me in on both sides saying,"You are not hiding something, are you?"

  I shook my head and Bruce slowly let go of my sides. I smiled and kissed his nose, before I noticed Barb walking around the back. Her eyes caught my E/C ones, and I motioned for her help.

  She yelled,"BATMAN?!! I NEED YOU!!"

  Bruce snapped his head towards Barb's direction, then I pinched his cheeks. Bruce gave me a kiss, before he rushed to Barb's side. I smiled, because he so wanted to be a father. Well, you know what he was already one, but he would become an even better one over time.
  Since Bruce's birthday was still 2 days away, we still had time to get all the guests and invitations together. Normally, Bruce invited friends or random people, but I did not invite random people. Bruce may have used to that, but I wasn't. Alfred laughed at my facial expressions, and I just sent him a smile.

  Alfred helped me out with the invitations, and we quickly got everything together. Barb motioned that Bruce was coming, so Alfred and I acted normal.

  I mean, Bruce already knew there was a party, but he did not know what all was going to happen.

  Bruce looked at everyone, but he said,"Barb, what is going on? Why is Y/N shaking? Barbara Gordon, I will ask your father.."

  No matter Bruce's playful threat, Barb held her own. She didn't even flinch.

  Bruce wrapped an arm around her shoulder saying,"Just kidding, Barb. I am just tired, and Y/N is taking too long. Come on, Y/N, I want to be with you right now.."

  Bruce grabbed my arm and led me upstairs. I smiled at his cuteness, before Bruce got us settled in. He gave me a kiss and held on for a minute.

  I smiled in the kiss and put my forehead on his saying,"I love you, Bruce."

  Bruce smiled and said,"I love you, too, Y/N."

  Bruce gave me one more kiss, before we laid down. Bruce fell asleep, and I was remained awake. I examined the chemical I had found inside that repair shop, before I decided to look for answers tomorrow...