«chapter thirty-two: an unexpected visitor»

___________________

___________________

CATGIRL'S POV

  I start changing my clothes after I get out of the shower. Last night Aqualad and Nightwing told me I could go home if I promised a few things.  I can't go out as Catgirl. Or train, run, jump, work. You name it. Just stay in bed all day. They almost didn't let me go because they thought I would sneak out as Cat.

  It has been three days since I was stabbed and while I am sure this isn't ideal, it's what I want.

  It took two hours to even convince them to think about it as an option let alone convince them it was the right option.

  After I change I slowly walk to the main room, my stomach muscles scream from being used. They are so sore that it hurts to breathe deeply.

  M'gann is the one to make sure I was ok. She is waiting in the main room when I get there. Everyone else was at school, Atlantic, or work.

  "Are you sure you will be ok?" She asks for the millionth time.

  "Catwoman may kill me, but yeah." She smiles and pushes buttons on the computer by the zeta-tubes.

  "She is waiting on the other side. Just to make sure you are ok." She nods, smiling at me, "Feel better! If you need anything-"

"I know. Thank you, M'gann, really." I say smiling before I step through, sending one last goodbye over my shoulder.

  I feel numb. Soon it's over and I see Selina. My stomach flips in the bad way and for a second I think I am going to pass out.

  My vision starts to cloud as I blink and stare at the ground. I sigh in relief when they start to go away.

  Selina steps forward and hugs me, careful not to hurt me, "Don't do that ever again!" She scolds, but by the tone of her voice I can tell she has been crying.

I sigh and hug back, missing her and feeling guilty for putting her through this.

  We walk home after a few moments, and very slowly, but we make it and Biscuit runs to meet me at the door, "Hey buddy." I say. He purrs loudly and follows us into my room, clearly missing me as he meows loudly at me.

  Selina helps me get into something other than a bloody suit. It hurts but I need to do it.  She has trained me for things like this. To be strong when weak.

  I get sweats and a purple shirt before she helps me out my hair in a messy bun because it hurt to even lift my arms over my head, my muscles screaming in protest when I tried to do it by myself.

  Selina helps me back to bed, where we watch tv and talk. Biscuit snuggles into my side, and we stay that way for hours, and I can't help but feel very grateful to the team for saving my life.