«chapter twenty-eight: rogue returns»

___________________

___________________

CATGIRL'S POV

I look at my teammates in the cave. It has been a week since Rogue was kicked off. One, whole, peaceful week. Too peaceful.

Have you ever had that feeling of dread and worry, gripping your stomach? That's how I feel right now.

It's like how cats, all animals really, can tell when there is a storm coming. They just know.

In all truth, nothing goes the way you think it will. Sometimes it's better, sometimes worse. With my luck, it's usually the latter.

In my life, when you are all happy and peaceful, it's when life gets you. My parents. Ben. Rogue. Life likes to throw me curve balls when I am happy.

The thing is is that I am too stubborn to let the world keep me down, which is always more painful than if I just stay down. Sure, I break down, but I try to find a way to get back up. I did get back up.

I'm just scared I am about to be knocked on my ass and I won't be able to get back up.

A loud sound comes from next to me and I turn, slipping into a fighting stance.

"Woah, hey, we are on the same team!" KF puts his hands up in surrender.

I sigh, rubbing my face before shaking my head and laying down on the floor.

Connor, M'gann, and KF look down at me before looking at each other and back at me.

"You know we have a couch, right? Connor questions, his eyebrows drawing together in confusion.

I only nod.

"The floor doesn't look very comfortable," M'gann mutters, concern clear in her voice. It's like she is the mother of a crazy family, which I guess is true...

I shrug, "Cats can get comfortable anywhere."

"But you aren't a cat. Well, not a real one anyway," KF points out.

"Good job, detective," I say sarcastically, causing him to roll his eyes.

"Whatever.-" He starts, but cuts off when I get up and start walking out of the room, hoping to find silence.

"Wait!" He speeds in front of me, his arms stretched out to stop me. His little outburst catches Nightwing's attention. Great.

I still haven't talked to him. Like really talked to him since everything and I was too on edge to now.

"Why are you so jumpy? Aren't you all relaxed now that Rogue isn't on the team....''Kid Flash's voice dies away, as he sees my face.

The only person here who knows about what Rogue did is Canary. They still don't fully understand that I am hurting emotionally and that I am still waiting for her to come back because I know she will. But I don't want to talk about it because I haven't cried since the I told Canary and I want to keep it that way.